EXCLUSIVE and FREE add-on for the DirecTV Remote+ Pro only from Cognitial Mobile!
Please read this entire description or watch the video before posting negative feedback! I guarantee this is an awesome add-on to the main DirecTV Remote+ Pro app but it does not work like a normal app and its usage may not be obvious.
** ATTENTION **
This app is an ADD-ON for DirecTV Remote+ Pro from Cognitial Mobile. Be sure to get the other app installed and working before attempting to use this app. You can create shortcuts or widgets using only the "free" version but they will only function if you have purchased and installed the "pro" version. This allows you to somewhat test the feature before purchasing the Pro version.
You cannot "open" this app after installation and it will NOT be listed with the other apps on your phone or tablet. It is used to create shortcuts/widgets for remote buttons, favorites, macros and even a direct link to the Mini-Guide on your home screen. This add-on is only available or visible when creating a shortcut and it will be listed under apps OR widgets ONLY when creating a shortcut.
If you like this app, please rate it! I'll continue to update and improve this app whether you rate it or not but great ratings make me feel all warm and fuzzy!
If you have problems or requests please contact me through email as it is very difficult to properly respond in the comments section.
** REQUIREMENTS **
1) Working installation of DirecTV Remote+ Pro* from Cognitial Mobile (see more by Cognitial Mobile below)
2) An SD card (removable or non-removable) must be installed so that this add-on can retrieve your DirecTV Remote app settings
* This add-on app will still allow you to create shortcuts even if only the free version is installed but please note that they only function if the PRO version is installed.
** USAGE **
Note: You cannot "open" this app. You create shortcuts or widgets with it!
1) Long-press on your home screen and choose the option to add a SHORTCUT. This step may vary by device. Some devices require more steps, others are worded differently such as 'Long-press > Shortcut' or 'Long-press > Shortcuts > App Actions', etc. Some newer Android devices may even have it listed under Widgets. (Press in the upper-right corner of newer Android versions/tablets, select the Widgets tab, then find the Shortcut Add-on widget and add it to your home screen then press the widget to configure the shortcut).
2) Choose DirecTV Remote Command from the list of available shortcuts
3) Choose what type of DirecTV remote shortcut to create (Remote Button, Favorite Channel, Macro or Mini-Guide)
4) Choose your options then press Create
5) You can now send that button, channel or macro to the receiver right from your home screen. No need to even open the DirecTV Remote app!
** ALTERNATE USAGE **
This add-on app can also be used in conjunction with other apps such as Tasker (using a shortcut plugin) to automate repetitive tasks!
** IMPORTANT **
If you decide to specify the destination receiver for the shortcut (as opposed to 'whichever was used last') then it is strongly recommended that you use static IP addresses or DHCP Reservation. Since you are allowed to change receiver names in the Pro version, specified destinations are based on the receiver's IP address, not its name. The support site has more information on how to set your receivers to do this. If the receivers are not using static or reserved addresses then the shortcuts with specified receivers will need to be recreated if the IP address changes.
** SHORTCUT ICONS **
Custom images can be used for the shortcuts that this add-on creates. See website FAQ for more information.
DirecTV, Remote, Direct, TV, Satellite, Add-on
* DirecTV IR control: Fixed IR detection on KitKat/Custom ROMs and added LG
* Improved macro reliability with IR-controlled receivers
* DirecTV IR control: Added Samsung & HTC
* Pressing on shortcuts/widgets now provides haptic feedback if that option is set in the main app
* Added ability to create volume, mute and input button shortcuts (Volume Plugin required)
* Favorite Channel shortcuts can now use custom icons (SD card required. See website FAQs for more information.)