Camera Measure app: Diskometer is an easy to use and handy camera tool for object length, width, size, ratio, angles, area, arc length and dimensions measurements that can be used as a ruler, tape measure or planimeter.
This android app performs remote, non-contact in plane measurements using Android phone or Android tablet. It uses the phone camera and any available circular object with known size as a reference.
Most common reference objects like DVD/CD, coins, etc. are included in the application. Moreover you can use your own custom circular objects with known size to do camera measurements.
Diskometer has following modes:
- FreeHand-Mode - allows you to measure an object in any direction.
- Angle-Mode - allows you to measure length, area and angle on an object in any direction and compare sizes to each other.
- Area Mode - area calculator, allows you to measure area of different shapes
The App shows a measurement result in different units:
meters, millimeters, centimeters, feet, inches based on user settings.
It also calculate dimensions of the object in relative units with respect to the reference object.
You have an option to make a snapshot of the camera view and work with a still camera images instead of live camera view or load picture from a photo gallery.
- arc length, angle, radius, sector and segment measure
- area measure
- length, size, dimension, ratio measure
- any measurement base on circular objects
- measurement with different units, metric and imperial units: meters, centimeters, millimeters, inches, feet.
- (!) it's possible to use only small part of the reference object. To bound circular reference object only 3 points required to be marked on the circle . It allows you to make zoomed in pictures with big reference objects that don't fit camera view and to increase accuracy of the measurements.
Depending on the distance to an object with this camera measure app you can achieve millimeter resolution.
Can be useful for different applications to measure discs, saw blades, rims, wheels, brake shoe, bearings, roller bearings, rings and nuts, etc or can be used as a planimeter.
v2.0.3 - stability improvements
- multiple rulers in Free Hand Mode
- add points on lines in Area mode
- scale grid and quick access to ROL and units settings
- image upload improvements
- ON/OFF measure values in Free Hand Mode (by touching values above rulers)
- save and share results fix for KitKat 4.4, picture load improved with Google Drive, Picasa, file managers support
- stability improvements and bug fixes