(5/6/2014): The walking route is not working - Google changed how they give back the path and we are working to fix this!
The Disney Family Finder gives you the ability to find your family or group members and also setup a meeting point for everyone in your group while at any of the Walt Disney World four main parks and also Downtown Disney. We also have all the features of our stand alone app - Disney Interactive Map by NailDriven LLC.
1) Sign up with a user
2) Create or join a group if someone in your party has already created one
3) When in WDW open the app and use it to find rides, eating, bathrooms or your party/group members
Due to the nature of this app, a solid data connection and accurate GPS on your phone is a must to see members actual location. Also, please know that GPS takes up a lot of battery - so if your group is together you may want to turn off the background service until you need to split up, there are also some battery saving options under the "Settings" button.
- 5 interactive maps: Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, and Downtown Disney
*- Locate family or group member's real-time location in all four Walt Disney World parks and Downtown Disney
- Setup a meeting point in any of the parks for all members to see and know where to meet
- Update your status so your family and friends can see what you are up to
- See your real time location on the maps while in the parks
- Get walking directions to anywhere in the parks (data signal required)
- See locations for rides, bathrooms, eating, shopping, and other attractions
- Toggle between Street, Satellite, and Cartoon maps of the parks
* In order to see your other family members on the maps they will have to also purchase and run this app too.
When vacationing in Walt Disney World with a group you are bound to split up as you enjoy the attractions and finding each other can mean lots of phone calls, texts and trying to figure out where you even are in the park let alone where they are...this app is your key to solving this common issue while also giving a awesome interactive map that shows you in the parks.
If you don't have a group going check out our stand alone "Disney Interactive Map" by NailDriven LLC. It has all the map features that this one does without the complexity of the family finding :)
Battery Info --> Being that this is a GPS intensive app, the battery requirement while having a active map up will be comparable to using Google navigation. And the background service is much less but by default we have set the cutoff (when the app will stop) to 30%. You can change this, but by default the app will not do any background service when your battery is below 30%.
This app will only update your location and grab your families locations while you are in or near the WDW parks. It will not work while you are at home in the aspect of showing your locations...you can however pull up the map anywhere and see where all the static locations are (Shopping, Eating, etc).
As a Android user I have never liked the apps that grab too much of my info, this app was designed specifically to only require what is needed for tracking your location at WDW. For example, we don't require any ID, or access to your personal information...all we need is your GPS location and a few other basic requirements. You then setup any generic username and group name you want to link everyone together.
NailDriven LLC is not affiliated with Disney, we just love their vacation destinations and want to help others enjoy them too!!
03/27/2014 - version 8.0
- Added FastPass+ Locations
03/15/2014 - version 7.0
- Major Update - lots of bug fixes
- New Maps (higher quality)
- Rides Updated
- Better Location tracking for group!