Distract Shield software helps you limit your distractions while driving with minimal intrusion and maximum customization!
Distract Shield will automatically activate once it detects you going over a set speed and can do the following based on your selections:
1. Silence the phone.
2. Automatically respond to incoming texts with a message that you can preset.
3. Time Mode - automatically turn enable all functions for a set period of time, perfect for going to the movies or heading into a meeting!
4. Force speakerphone to activate on incoming or outgoing calls made (will not activate if bluetooth is on).
5. Select the speed at which you would like Distract Shield to activate, either in Miles/hour or in Km/hour.
6. Choose whether you want Distract Shield to use your GPS (more accurate) or Network Triangulation (less power) for determining your speed. (Please note Network Triangulation is notoriously inaccurate at times so your mileage may vary when using it). GPS is on for roughly 3% of the time Distract Shield is running, so battery drain should be minimal.
Distract Shield has been designed to use as little resources as possible while maintaining a watch on your current speed. Once you have gone below the minimum activation speed for 5 minutes, Distract Shield will automatically restore your device to it's original settings.
Do you wish to install this on a child's phone to prevent them from phone distractions while driving? With Distract Shield you can:
1. Auto reboot the application when the phone is restarted.
2. Prevent uninstallation of the application.
3. Prevent closing of the application.
4. Password protect all settings to prevent tampering by unauthorized persons.
Activation: Distract Shield will turn on after traveling for around 2 minutes above the activation speed, and will turn off after around 5 minutes of travel ling below the activation speed.
Version 1.25 - in certain instances the distract shield service would not immediately deactivate on application exit, this has been corrected.