The Port State Control application (PSC APP) has been created for, and to the specifications of, the PSC group in Det Norske Veritas (DNV) in order to provide customers with a series of checklists to use in preparing for port state control inspections on board their vessels.
The content of the PSC checklists, which are structured into main deficiency categories, reflects the most common deficiencies recorded during PSC inspections and helps to facilitate self-vetting and minimise the risk of detention.
In addition to basic checklist functionality, the checklist has new features that transform it into a versatile inspection tool. PSC APP users will be able to:
• register the status of individual checklist items and groups
• type in findings and comments that are specific to a vessel and equipment
• take pictures of equipment and areas relevant to the inspected items
• use the third party picture markers or photo editors to highlight areas of interest in pictures
• record and add voice comments to inspected items
• attach files relevant to the inspected equipment, areas, rules or procedures
• monitor the progress of the checklist completion and the compliance status in the main categories
• apply filters to select pending and partly rectified deficiencies
• project the results to HDMI-supported devices (TVs, projectors, computer monitors) which can be used for demonstrations, discussions and crew training
• save, open and retrieve inspections
• generate and send reports at any stage of the checklist completion directly from the mobile device
The DNV PSC Group hopes that the application will help its users to improve their vessels’ level of safety and compliance, prepare for smooth Port State Control Inspections, increase crew awareness and knowledge of PSC focus areas and reduce the human factor affecting the vessel and company PSC performance.
Contact the DNV PSC group by e-mail [email protected]
for further information about the application.