A new breed of Do Not Disturb apps: one that gives you ultimate, fine-grained control over what messages you are notified of when. Set your phone to silence or vibrate then create filters that will trigger an audible or vibrating alert when particular emails, texts, or phone calls come in. Designed to be simple yet powerful – it's like having a personal assistant monitor your incoming messages!
- create filters based on From:, Subject:, Body, or Contacts
- create powerful relationships between filters: AND/OR logic allows you to create fine-tuned triggers
- negative and positive filters: everything that includes “x”, but not that contains “y”
- set schedules so that alerts only trigger when you want: Between, All Except, and Anytime
- choose the alarm that is played when a message comes in: each alert can have its own alarm so you can instantly recognize by sound which alert was triggered
The possibilities are endless!
- Have all messages from a particular contact with certain subject or body alert you: for example all messages from your project lead with the subject of “Project X”.
- Want to enjoy a dinner or movie in peace but need to respond to any text or email that says “urgent”? Now you can.
- It even filters incoming calls: completely silence your phone but have have it vibrate if the boss or the answering service calls.
- At work and need to ignore your phone unless your kids or the school calls? Create a filter based on their contacts and a schedule of 9 – 5 then put your phone in your desk without worrying.
- Need to get sleep at night but still be available for certain people or messages? Silence your phone but create a filter that will play an audible alarm to wake you up if necessary.
This app is designed with a minimalist philosophy for security and efficiency. It does the most work with the least amount of resources consumed (saving your phone's battery) and the least possible permissions (saving your peace of mind).
Here are the permissions the app uses and why:
(RECEIVE_SMS) Your Messages: needed to filter the text of incoming SMS messages
(INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE) Network Communication: needed to access email messages
(READ_CONTACTS) Personal Information: needed to determine if the incoming text/call/or email is from a particular contact you select
(READ_PHONE_STATE) Phone Calls: needed to filter incoming calls
(WAKE_LOCK) System Tools: needed to prevent the phone from sleeping while we filter new messages
(VIBRATE) Hardware Controls: needed to make the phone vibrate
(GET_ACCOUNTS) Your Accounts: needed to enumerate the list of email accounts associated with the device
- Initial Version