This is a task timer and daily agenda app designed to help you get things done today.
- Timed tasks with optional alarms and notifications
- Autocomplete remembers previous tasks as well as average duration and actual time spent
- Plan ahead or make it quicker to enter in repetitive tasks/upcoming plans by saving them as routines
- Complete tasks/pause/start from widget
- Sync with Google Tasks & across devices (Use Todoist? A Do Now user generously shared a Zapier recipe to sync Todoist with Google Tasks which then syncs with Do Now. See here: https://zapier.com/zapbook/todoist/google-tasks/38205/todoist-new-incomplete-task-to-google-tasks-new-task/)
- Re-order tasks and your timers will adjust
- Helpful for those with ADD/ADHD and need help staying focused
You can manage a task list like usual but you can also set up a list for the things you want to get done right now giving each task an estimated duration. Then it’s ready, set, go. You’ll see how much time you’ve spent on each task and how much time you have left. You’ll be notified when the duration’s been reached and you can choose to snooze, ignore, or complete - moving on to the next task. Set up your planned list, hit play and go! The snooze and pause buttons will be there for you in case of the unexpected. Your day and time will be free of stress and that much more productive. You can also set a reminder of when to start if you're not ready to go just yet.
Recommended usage is to follow a technique like Pomodoro or 30/30 as well as GTD. Break up your day into chunks of time and assign some amount of time to each task you want to get done. There’s no need to be rigid - you can vary the duration for each task and the app will keep track of the time and tell you when it’s time to move on.
Especially useful for mundane tasks, this will help you stay focused and on task. It will also help to keep you from staying one thing for too long, reminding you to move on and work on some other things for maximum efficiency.
Your day can be as simple as that with your time managed efficiently. With a quick glance at the app, widget, or notification bar you can see what you’re working on and how much time you have left. You can also start/pause and complete tasks straight from the widget.
Have the same usual routines? Save as many as you’d like and load a routine’s tasks into your planned list when it’s time to get things done.
The app will also remember how much time you actually spent vs the estimated duration you entered. So the next time you start entering a task you’ve done before, autocomplete will show you the average time spent vs the average estimated duration. You’ll become that more precise in predicting how long something will take. Basic stats are also there for you to track progress (with more details and graphs coming soon).
Check out the settings page for options.
Networking-related permissions are used by Kiip - the rewards service and google analytics.
Vibrate permission is used for timing notifications (can be disabled in settings)
Sync and account related permissions are required to sync with Google tasks (optional feature).
If you'd like to participate in translating this app please contact me.
G+ (with access to beta/alpha versions): https://plus.google.com/communities/116626905003478130395
*Fix for possible crash when navigating between lists
* Update to new Material Design. Uses Navigation Drawer instead of Tabs (click button on top left or slide finger from left edge of the screen to see drawer).
* Bug fixes