DOT Placards gives you access to three sections of the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG 2012) including the Yellow (Substances by ID), Orange (Guides), and Table 1 of the Green (Isolation Distances) sections of the ERG.
The Guides offer linked emergency response phone numbers. Tap the appropriate number to bring up your phone's dialer.
You can search by placard number, substance name, or for a specific guide. One tap takes you to the orange guide with details on toxicity, flammability, and spill procedures.
This app is built from the same data published in the official PHMSA ERG 2012 app. This app adds the ability to dial numbers with a touch.
The only "ad" displayed is a line linking to our ebook adaptation of the ERG.
Requires no special permissions. Please contact the developer for site licensing options.
Upgrade to DOT Placards Plus for additional features:
-Voice search. Speak a number to lookup the substance.
-Map specific placard numbers to locations.
-If you like the free app, please consider supporting the developers by purchasing DOT Placards Plus.
Also find our complete ERG 2012 Quick Lookup Ebook, now available on Google Play.
Recent Update Summary:
* Updated contents from the newly published ERG2012.
* User may now choose from one of three font sizes.
* Added the missing Guide 111.
* Improved the formatting and readability of the guides.
* Fixed an outdated reference to the ERG2008 in message text.
* Fixed a defect that was preventing proper guide display on tablets. Thank you! to the user's who reported this so we could fix it
* Small changes under the cover to stay in sync with the paid Plus version.
* Fixed a rare problem with opening the ERG data that has been seen once so far in the field and reported to us as a crash.
* Removed advertisements.
* App can now be moved to the SD Card.
* Eliminated the need for internet and location permissions.
* Fixed a bug that would cause a re-search when rotating the phone.
* Updated SDK Toolset
* Added the Emergency Response Phone Numbers page with auto-dialer links.
* Added links from Guide pages to the Phone Numbers.