The Wisconsin Department of Transportation’s ZERO IN WISCONSIN - DRIVE SOBER mobile application has been developed to assist individuals who may have had too much to drink find a safe ride home other than driving. It also serves to provide interactive information on the dangers of impaired driving, such as:
-Blood Alcohol (BAC) Estimator: Please note that this BAC estimator can only approximate the amount of alcohol in your system and should only be used as a guideline. You can be arrested for drunk driving with a BAC under 0.08 if you show signs of impaired driving. Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over!
- Designated Driver Selector: Choose a color for each member of your group & spin the bottle to pick who’s going to stay sober to get you home safely!
- Find A Ride: Uses your mobile device’s GPS-feature to identify any taxi, bus or designated driver services near where you are located. NOTE: Not all services may be available.
- You Got Game: An interactive section of the app with 4 skill assessments that test your mobility, reaction time, memory and accuracy, all of which can be compromised when impaired. Please note that these games are not a definitive assessment of a person’s ability to drive. You can be arrested for drunk driving with a BAC under 0.08 if you show signs of impaired driving regardless of your ability to complete one of the games.
- Reverse It: cognitive skill test featuring spelling words backwards
- Don’t Wipe Out: skill test for stability
- Perfect Pour: skill test for precision and accuracy
- Tower or Topple: skill test for reaction time
Our hope is that people who take the time to download the DRIVE SOBER app will use it constructively in the effort to help us achieve zero preventable deaths on Wisconsin roadways. We urge you to share the DRIVE SOBER app with family and friends so that as many people as possible can join the ZERO IN WISCONSIN effort.
Fix Context3d error and other crash-errors preventing the app from working on certain Android devices