Note: This works with Galaxy S2, and Galaxy S3. This will likely *not* work with any other devices, you are advised to check with the free version before buying the donate version. On the other hand, please report if it does work with a non S2/S3 phone (chances are that it may also work on some other Samsung devices).
Some Galaxy devices have a feature that can read out name of people who are calling you, or who sends you a message, as it happens. It's called Driving Mode and can be accessed through the settings. This app exposes the setting with a aesthetic widget, so that you can turn it on or off with one touch! Also exposes settings through an intent, therefore you can use third party apps like Llama or Tasker to control this.
Product features -
• 1. Economic in space - smaller than VLingo driving widget, which takes up 1x3 blocks.
• 2. As you remove the last instance of the widget, the background service automatically unloads. Does not use up RAM unnecessarily if you don't plan to use it, even if you keep it installed.
• 3. Automatically turns on/off as you connect/disconnect a bluetooth device! (Donate only)
• 4. Does not depend on VLingo Voice Commands, if you uninstall it you can still use this.
• 5. Exposes settings through an intent, therefore you can use third party apps like Llama or Tasker to control this.
It appears there are already more info on this in some review sites the Internet, e.g. here - http://www.xda-developers.com/android/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-gets-driving-mode-widget/
Or here - http://www.redmondpie.com/driving-mode-widget-for-galaxy-s-ii-enable-disable-driving-mode-with-a-single-tap/
Donate version: I will work on an in-app donation which will enable to help to support development. There will be no ads in either version.
v1.2 - Published to Google Play
v1.21 - Added button to open sound and driving mode settings directly. Bug fixes - now the service unloads if there is no widget in use.