NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID KITKAT - 4.4 !!!!
DroidCrypt - an intelligent and application-oriented file encryption tool.
If you are looking for a file en- and decryption solution for your Android smartphone, so check out our new app! By using DroidCrypt you can be sure that nobody else will be able to access your files. Encrypt or decrypt your files and directories. Irrespective of whether you are looking to encrypt images, musik, videos, PDFs or documents. DroidCrypt handles any kind of files. Furthermore, DroidCrypt allows you to view your encrypted files with your usual applications. If you mean password typing has served its time, just switch to our orientation-based alternative.
* Recursive, fast and efficient en-/decryption of entire folders or individual files using AES
* En-/Decryption of files on internal/external SD
* Encrypts images / photos, videos, music, PDFs, documents or any content
* Viewing contents of encrypted files as usual through standard apps, while DroidCrypt mediate between viewer app and encrypted file - the file remains encrypted afterwards, if desired
* Receiving multiple tasks via external file manager or other applications such as Gallery by "Sent-to"
* Resistance against data recovery tools by wipe of unencrypted files
* Identification of relevant encrypted files based on chosen password, so any parent folders can be selected
* Encryption in combination to a compression (optional) in order to save your memory
* Automated securing that encrypted and not encrypted data are never present at once (and vice versa)
* Orientation-based generation of a path as an additional alternative to passwords
* Detailed visualization of encryption and decryption results
* Comprehensive and effective data analysis, especially for detecting non-encrypted files
* Best possible faile-safe encryption and decryption of files: your files are safe even in the case of Android OS crash during the en-/decryption process
* Strong focus on applicability as well as usability
* Minimum requirements regarding Android permissions:
*** Full version: Access to the SD card and permission to check the Android Market License
*** Trial version: Access to the SD card and Internet access for inclusion of advertising contents
* Available languages: English, German
* And much more ...
Requirement: Free file manager IO File Manager must be installed in order to enable comfortable folder/file selection.
The development of DroidCrypt is based on our own interests to the available functions and was originally started due to the lack of alternatives that would meet our objectives sufficiently.
For these reasons, there was the conception of DroidCrypt based on an application orientation. This includes a higher assurance of the security and does not stop at the minmal permission requirements on Android level - after all, you entrust your strong confidential data with DroidCrypt.
Already encrypted files can be sent from external applications, like file managers for example, to DroidCrypt for further distribution to respective applications. In this way, DroidCrypt takes a mediating role by ensuring that respective files remain encrypted.
Alternatively to entering a password it is possible instead to draw a path within a matrix - either through direct interaction or by rotating the mobile device while holding a button at the same time (if orientation sensor is available). This reduces the risk of spying out the password through observers.
M.Sc. Arik Messerman,
M.Sc. Tarik Mustafic
encryption, decryption, security, confidentiality, data protection, AES, compression, usability, data analysis tool, applicability, privacy
* Solved bug: association of file with appropriate application (temp. decryption/Send to)
* Fasster en-/decryption
* Prevention against data recovery tools by wiping files before deletion
* Fixed bug: En-/Decryption on internal and external SD storage enabled
* Multiselektion of files for en-/decyrption through external applications such as file manager or Gallery (by "Send to")
* Synchronization with external multimedia apps (remove cashed thumbnails of encrypted images, music and vidos)