Droid Squad is a turn-based multiplayer online game. The objective is to finish your mission before your opponent has destroyed your droids.
You play against your friends or against random opponents around the world.
There are several different missions that can be played either as the attacker or as the defender.
- The Assassins - Assassinate/Protect the target droid
- Destroy the databanks - Destroy/Protect the databanks
- The Standoff - Eliminate your opponents before you get eliminated.
- More to come
For each match you equip your droids with a set a items. Armor, weapons, traps etc. Each droid gets a number of Action Points that can be used during your turn.
The maps are randomly generated to make no game the other alike.
The game has built in chat functionality so you can communicate with your opponent.
The game has a built in Suggestion board where you can send suggestions and vote on other players suggestions. This will put You in charge of in which direction this game is developed.
There is also a ranking page in the app which lists the best players. The ranking is calculated using a algorithm based on points. If you win against a better opponent you get lots of points, if you win against a worse opponent you get only a few points. If you loose against a better player you loose a few points, if you loose against a worse opponent you loose a lot of points.
When it is your turn to act, you receive a chat message or a game invite you will receive a notification. There is also support for notifications to Sony SmartWatch.
You can however draw your own droid and use it in the game.
Explanations of the required permissions:
- Billing - The game is free. However there are some cooler items that costs real money. The game is fully playable without these. Also you can buy an ad-free version through in-app-billing. In-app-billing is just like a link to the standard Google Play (market), you always have full control of what you buy and the app can never make any purchases without several confirmations by you.
- Internet - To access the game server. Data is sent to the game server throughout the game, use wifi for best performance. Also remember that if you are not on wifi, data can cost you money depending on if you have a flat rate service for data or not.
- On boot - Schedules polling towards the game server to see if you have any invites etc.
I played a lot of Laser Squad as a kid and thought it would make a perfect game on the smart phones. I could't find one similar on the market so I made my own. I hope you will enjoy it and help me making it better by sending in your suggestions through the in game suggestion board or by mailing me at [email protected]
LiveWare™ extension for SmartWatch