DroidCruise is an Android app which lets you drive safely on Italian motorways controlled by the "Tutor" system (an automatic average speed detection infrastructure). DroidCruise finds when you're driving through a Tutor controlled route, keeps track of your average speed and suggests how fast you can drive to avoid overlaying the limits.
- completely automatic usage (does not need any user intervention);
- uses GPS to detect when you are driving through a Tutor controlled route;
- shows current speed and average;
- suggests the optimal speed to stay within speed limits;
- sends an alert when your speed is too high;
- sends an alert when a speed control radar station is approaching (only on Tutor controlled motorways);
- sends notifications and alerts even when put in the background (so that you can use another navigation app);
- users can notify the position of Tutor/speed control stations just pressing a button;
- users can record Tutor controlled routes and notify them just pressing a button;
- station positions and routes can be saved locally on the device and sent later.
Advice: The list of Tutor monitored routes and radar station may be incomplete or inaccurate: always take apps alerts with a grain of salt. The database of speed control stations can take an enormous benefit from user notifications, so all app's users are invited to be collaborative.
User privacy is always protected: no sensible information about the device is sent to the central servers. The app records only GPS coordinates and only if the user decides to do so.
For every question or bug filing, you can send an email to [email protected]
If you find something not working as expected, please send an email to the development team before rating the app with less than five stars. We are counting on user suggestions to improve the app and are completely open to analyze your reports.
Have fun and drive carefully!
- sends notifications and alerts even when put in the background (so that you can use another navigation app).
- changed speed value normalization.