DropSpot is a minimalistic app that lets you easily access your Android phone's files using any modern web browser-- no wires needed. Just connect your computer to the same WiFi router that your phone is connected to, start the app, and go!
DropSpot's key feature is drag-and-drop, the source of its name. If you want to copy a file from your computer to your phone, all you have to do is drag-and-drop the file from your computer's file explorer onto your web browser. Want to move or copy a file within the phone? Drag-and-drop. It's simple and easy.
Please note that DropSpot is only compatible with modern browsers-- we recommend Chrome. This is the Lite version of DropSpot which I'm offering for free so you can make sure your browser is supported (of course, this could be a good opportunity to try a newer browser).
This Lite version has all the same features as the full version and you can use it forever! The only limitation is that you can't upload files larger than 5MB. (I also reserve the right to add ads, but there are none for now.) If you like what you see and want to get rid of the limitations, check out the full version of DropSpot!
If you encounter any errors, please let me know! I use this app myself, so I want it to work well just as much as you. If you need any help using it, check out the Wiki from the Homepage link, or here: https://bitbucket.org/dhleong/dropspot/wiki/Home
- File larger than 500MB now correctly allowed
- Click and drag to select multiple files to move, delete, or download! Shift+click also supported
- You can now download entire folders from your phone as a zip file!
- You can now navigate to the true device root directory. Non-writable directories are hidden by default, but you can "show" them if you like. Users with extra removable SD cards should be able to access them now.
- Explicit "Exit" menu item
- Link to Wiki from menu