***Visit us on Twitter and Facebook for news, promotions, and updates!***
"Dude, Where's My Car?" is the most user friendly car locator app on the market -- one touch to save your spot, one touch to find your spot. It really is that simple!
- Battery efficient GPS algorithm provides you with an accurate fix as quickly as possible.
- Utilizes Google Navigation to provide you walking/bicycling/driving directions right to your vehicle. Google Maps pinpoint option also available.
- Elegant and intuitive user interface that doesn't send you through a maze of screens or make you tap a million times just to save/load your spot.
- Take a photo* - Landmarks? Parking Zone? Street signs? It's up to you! * Applicable only if your device has a camera
- Share your spot - Meeting friends/family in a crowded parking lot at the mall or an amusement park? Parked on an unknown street and you need to let someone know where you're at? Easily share your location no matter what device they're using.
- Set a reminder - Parked at a meter, in a parking garage, or always forget about street cleaning? Set a reminder which will notify you before it costs you. One single saved parking ticket pays for the app ten times over!
- Color themes - Everyone loves to customize. Favorite team colors? Hot pink and yellow? Go for it!
- Advertisement and nag screen free.
- All saved location information is kept locally on your phone -- this app does NOT save ANY of your personal information remotely.
There is a free version of the app to try risk-free and Google Play features a 15 minute window for refunds:
Note: This app takes advantage of the Global Positioning System, which provides the most accurate read of your current location based on satellites in orbit around the Earth. One downside of GPS is that a) sometimes it's unreliable and b) it may take a while to get an accurate fix. If you're having a hard time getting a signal (i.e. you're in a parking garage or blocked by tall buildings or trees), try moving around until you have a clear view of the sky. Also keep in mind that the GPS chipset built into older phones is not as reliable/fast as newer chipsets so this app is ultimately limited by the hardware in your phone.
Please keep these considerations in mind when using the app or leaving a review! Suggestions, comments, feature requests, improvements, etc. are always welcome. Click the "email developer" link on this page and I'll be sure to respond.
(Keywords: car locator, car finder, gps, where'd I park, parking, park, where's my spot, tinder)
- Fixed java.lang.OutOfMemoryError crash when displaying a photo
- Fixed photo sizing problem on newer devices
- Fixed issue where background was not displaying properly on certain devices
- Fixed crash if Google Navigation was not installed on device by defaulting to Google Maps instead
- Fixed incorrect links directing to external app store (now directs to Google Play)
- Tweaks to GPS algorithm
- Reduced file size of APK download further by 25% (~1.6 MB to ~1.2 MB)
- Code cleanup