Transform your mobile device into a global satellite communication and navigation tool when you pair your inReach with our Earthmate app, enabling access to these exclusive features: send and receive text messages anywhere in the world, worry-free navigation and journey tracking, global SOS, unlimited access to downloadable topographic maps and NOAA charts on your paired mobile device, automatically syncs with your mobile device's address book for easy texting and pairs easily via Bluetooth.
Stay connected with family and friends and interact with GEOS, the 24-hour emergency monitoring center anywhere on Earth. Plus, you’ll receive confirmation when your messages are delivered. You can also post messages to Facebook and Twitter and let others track your breadcrumb trail online.
As an inReach owner, you also have exclusive access to download unlimited detailed topographic maps from DeLorme available through the Earthmate app. The maps are cached on your mobile device, so they are viewable even when out of cellular coverage. The display integrates with your mobile device’s GPS signal to pinpoint your location.
For worry-free navigation, the inReach GPS signal (accurate to +/- 5 meters) is integrated with the map displays. Since navigation doesn’t rely on the mobile device’s native GPS, there is less demand on its battery, which can be especially important in remote areas.
NOTE: An inReach satellite communicator is required to use Earthmate and download maps. Maps should be downloaded via a WiFi connection prior to leaving on a trip. DeLorme’s global topographic maps include elevation contours, land cover, highways, streets and back roads, lakes and streams, places of interest, and trails.
• Send and receive 160-character, free-form text messages to and from any cell phone number, email address, and other inReach users. No cell coverage required!
• Interactive SOS - Trigger an SOS from anywhere in the world with automatic GPS location tracking. Interact with our 24-hour emergency monitoring center via two-way text messaging to describe the nature of your emergency and stay in touch throughout the rescue process.
• Message delivery confirmation - Audible alerts and on-screen cues confirm communication with the satellite and indicate two-way message delivery.
• Unlimited access to download detailed topographic maps and North American NOAA charts when paired with your mobile device. Unlike streaming maps on most cell phone apps, downloaded DeLorme maps remain cached in the Earthmate app even when you’re outside cellular coverage.
• Follow-me/find-me tracking - Turn on and turn off tracking to share your GPS coordinates, course, speed and elevation in real-time with friends and family, tracking intervals can be configured between to minutes and four hours.
• 100% global satellite coverage through the Iridium satellite network with no gaps, fringe or weak signal areas.
For answers to common support questions: http://support.delorme.com/search.php?q=android
To contact support:
Available after updating inReach Explorer to firmware 2.6.5
-Waypoints created on Explore site sync via inReach Explorer to Earthmate.
-Create wpts in Earthmate at your location or selected point on map.
-Wpts created automatically sync with inReach Explorer and Explore site.
-Create direct routes from location to a wpt with Bearing and Distance.
-Routes sync with inReach Explorer and Explore site.
-Planned Routes from Explore site only on inReach Explorer. Planned routes on app coming soon!