There is always a better, more efficient, way of learning.
"Easy Note Trainer" helps you read music notes much faster. It works for kids, too.
When a better way of learning is found, we enhance "Easy Note Trainer".
Quick start guide:
1. Touch treble clef or bass clef to switch it to the other one
2. Swipe a card left or right to show another card
3. When a virtual keyboard is there, play it.
"Easy Note Trainer" is composed of 7 interactive flashcards for people to learn to recognize the letter names or syllables of music notes as well as to play the right corresponding piano keys quickly. They are briefly introduced as follows:
- Card #1: Music notes overview
This is for the beginners to know the most commonly used music notes under both treble and bass clefs.
- Card #2: Note and its letter/syllable
Music notes in up to five ledger lines can be shown with their letter names or syllables under both treble and bass clefs.
- Card #3: What is this music note?
This card is similar to card #2 but the letter name or syllable is hidden so you can test your learning results or your children's. A single touch on the question mark shows the answer.
- Card #4: Read and play a music note
In this card, a virtual piano keyboard is shown so you can practice playing the corresponding key on it. One music note is shown at a time.
- Card #5: Read and play music notes
This card can really boost your music note reading speed. Multiple music notes and chords are shown and the corresponding keys can be played simultaneously (or note-by-note if you are not using a pad).
- Card #6: Mixed bass and treble music notes
This card helps you get accustomed to switching between treble and bass clefs. Multiple music notes and chords are shown under the two clefs. It is recommended to be used after getting more fluent reading music notes by using card #5.
- Card #7: Play notes under a key
Up to 5 sharp or flat signs are available for you to get used to them quickly such as E major (4 sharp signs).
How to use "Easy Note Trainer"?
1. Swipe the card left or right to move from one card to another
2. Touch the treble or bass clef to switch it to the other
3. Touch the letter name or syllable to switch it to the other (depending on the convention of your language, you may see either letter names or solmization syllables)
4. In card #2 and #3, you can drag the music note to a new location or just touch on a new location on the music staff directly. A random music note can also be shown for you by touching on the blank area.
5. In card #2 and #3, you can use two fingers to re-size the music staff to show more (up to 5) or less ledger lines like what you do to re-size a photo.
6. In card #3, touch the "?" to show the letter name or syllable.
7. A visual demo is available for each card by touching the "options" key and then touch on "Demo". Please note the location and appearance of the "options" key may vary from phone to phone and from the Android version to version. It may be a touchable area with three dots or three short horizontal bars on it, etc.
Notes on localization:
- Localization on letter names and solmization syllables are supported. They are shown in the convention of your language and you see exactly what you need to see - either letters or syllables. No extra switching between them is required. (thanks to a German user's suggestion)
- Language conventions currently supported: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish
- For languages without specific conventions on alphabetic or solmization system, the flexibility is provided to users to switch between them.
Have fun using "Easy Note Trainer".
- Show music note name right above the played key in the virtual keyboard. It can be toggled off by touching "c1".
- Make demo more fluent