3D map viewer for your hiking trips.
The 3D maps are rendered in OpenGL by combining map tiles from various sources with elevation data.
Do not expect too much from this app since I'm developing it in my free time. The user interface is poor and simplistic.
• View online/offline maps in 3D;
• Download map areas for offline use;
• View offline maps downloaded with Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC) (atlas format: OSMAND tile storage);
• View Mapsforge maps;
• Import and view OziExplorer maps;
• Attach elevations for current downloaded maps;
• Track recording;
• Track builder;
• Track play;
• Import/Export of tracks in KML format;
• Statistics (altitude, speed, distance);
• Use elevation data in SRTM3 format.
- use compass for orientation if is available on device;
- add two finger rotate function;
- load gpx tracks functionality;
- changed the icons for main buttons;
- added german translation to string resources (partial);
- added option to keep map Z-axis constant;
- can configure stat panel to display GPS coordinates;
- upgraded mapsforge core to version 0.5.2;
- configurable online map sources in XML file;
- fixed some bugs;