ETI-Eloquence Text To Speech (TTS) is an Android ported version of the popular Eloquence Text-To-Speech synthesizer.
ETI-Eloquence is a TTS engine that you can use in a wide range of applications such as:
- Screen readers and applications for blind people (like Talkback or Mobile Accessibility)
- GPS software (like Google Maps)
- E-book readers (like Play Books)
- Translators (like Google Translate)
- And many more!
The main features of ETI-Eloquence TTS are:
- 10 languages included with a single purchase: US English, UK English, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico), German, Finnish (Finland), French (France), French (Canada), Italian and Portuguese (Brazil)
- Speed and pitch configuration
- User Dictionary: possibility to add, edit or remove words from a dictionary to customize the pronunciation
Once the application is installed on your device, you can make ETI-Eloquence your default TTS engine by going to Settings > Language & input > Text-to-Speech output and checking "ETI-Eloquence TTS" as your default preferred engine.
All Android devices from 4.0 onwards are supported.
- Added emoticon setting to optionally speak emoticons
- Added translations for emojis to ALL the supported languages
- User is now allowed to change settings when Eloquence TTS is not the default TTS
- Tweaked application design on Android Lollipop
- Added force language option to always speak in the desired language
- Added Android Lollipop support
- User dictionary file extension change from .DCT to .CFD
- Vocalizer folder is looked into when importing a user dictionary
- Updated translations