IMPORTANT: No longer requires Media Center! See below for details.
Do you have a home theatre audio system connected to a Windows-based PC? If so, now you can be the DJ of the party or even all alone from any room in your home.
• Works with the default Music Library either through Windows Media Player and/or Windows Media Center
• Browse and use your voice to search your music by albums, album artists, artists, genres, and playlists
• Play or enqueue music from any room while on your home WiFi network
• View and control your queue from the now playing tab
• Create and edit library playlists from your device
• Use your device’s volume keys to control the volume remotely!
• Pause, stop, skip playing tracks from an ongoing notification while multitasking (Android 4.0+)
• Playback controls on lock screen (Android 4.0+)
• Send links from any browser on your phone to default browser on PC
• Compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 8.1
REQUIRED FOR FUNCTIONALITY:
You must install a small background server application that appears in your Windows system tray. You can start/stop the server and exit the application by right-clicking the tray icon. You can download from the support site here:
Please contact me if you have any problems before rating one star. The large ecosystem of Android devices makes it hard to predict any problems. I will do my best to fix any issues.
Emote is an enhanced remote control app and does not stream music to your phone.
All features of Emote are currently free while beta testing is ongoing and thus will expire every two weeks until complete. Afterwards, a week trial will be available and subsequently will require a one-time, in-app purchase to unlock premium features.
-Moved now playing to an automatically hiding (see settings to change) sliding drawer that can be shown by tapping action bar button and swiped up to reveal your queue
-Removed remote control (contact me if you actually used it)
-Fixed playlists not loading
-Enabled playlist editing (not fully tested yet)
-Tablets should be fixed
-Various other fixes