Encryption software provided to protect files from:
- local folder
- webdav or webdavs (compatible with all certificats including self signed certificat)
- windows share (samba)
- SSH / SFTP (it is no use to add an additionnal server on your unix machine!)
- it encrypts files name and files content using a secured AES encryption.
- compatible with other operating system thanks to all encryption sofware using encFS format.
- You can now stream your audio or video files to an external player (you have not to wait the full download to start the file)
Thanks to the great work of the developper of the open source application "Encdroid", I add new functionnalities and present you "Encdroid Multi Cloud".
- many open source protocol supported
- beautiful icon style
- improved performances
- can stream multimedia files
- created encrypted folders compatible with boxcryptor
- secure deletion of cached unencrypted files
Why is it important to encrypt your data ?
- If your data are stored in your home server, your hard drive may be stolen
- If your data are stored on a server, this server may be hacked
=> it is important to encrypt your sensitive informations.
Why using encFS standard ?
There are a lot of encryption format. I searched for a standard: free, open source, multi plateform (readable on windows, linux, Mac Os X, android, iPhone), without any big container like truecrypt but a file per file encryption in order to easily create incremental backups.
How can i access my folder from my computer ?
You can mount your encrypted folder as a letter drive on windows with EncFS4Win (but it may crash with big files), or the very nice application boxcryptor for windows (it is free for one encrypted volume, but a little expensive if you have several...).
On linux, there is the command line tool "encfs" which is very fast and reliable.
I didn't try on other plateform yet.
If you find bugs or would like new functionnalities: write me a mail and i will do what i can.
21/05/14 fix webdav bug with german provider t-online.de
02/26/14 fix password store in dictionnary and ssh custom port issue
- if your server don't send hidden file, you can rename the file ".encfs6.xml" to "encfs6.xml" (without the starting dot). this version now support this fix.
- fix several webdav and sftp
- stream multimedia files to an external player