Encryption Manager is a file manager, that offers a comfortable and secure way to keep files with confidential data encrypted using AES or Twofish encryption on your storage (internal storage, external SD card, USB storage).
Keywords: file encryption, data encryption, file manager, crypto, SD card, encryption algorithm, AES, Twofish
A master password is both used to access the application and to encrypt the encryption keys, that are generated randomly for each file. Confidential files are accessible directly after the login. With one click on the file, the file is decrypted to a user defined location and can be shown by an installed app for this file type. When you are finished working with the decrypted copy, the file is re-encrypted either automatically or with one confirmation click and the decrypted file is wiped from the storage. This wipe process will overwrite the data with random bytes before the file is deleted. So even if the device is lost or stolen, it is not possible to access your confidential data.
Encrypting new files is very simple: they can be chosen either with the built-in file manager or by simply using the Android "send/share" function from another app.
* Access based on master pin or master text password.
* Encrypts all kind of files or folders.
* Base functionality of a file manager (view on click, send/share menu), but with automatic decryption before the action.
* Offers AES and Twofish encryption with 128 and 256 bit keys.
* Status tracking: Displays icons to indicate whether a file is currently decrypted or was changed.
* User setting for automatic re-encryption on exit.
* Secure overwrite of the orginal file after the encryption.
* Provides a special handling for images or office document to delete e.g. also gallery thumbnail images.
* Additional anti file recovery tool included.
* Two layout modes: flat list view or hierarchical folder view.
* Provides a backup and restore mechanism, e.g. for backup to cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, ...)
* Can be configured to delete all managed files the after 7 unsuccessful attempts.
* Has an "Exit" menu on all screens, that closes the app completely.
* App is locked (master password must be re-entered), when there is no user input for configurable period.
* Includes english help pages.
* The "lite" version is limited to 5 encrypted files!
* The full version has no limitations.
Bugfix for last update