NOTE: We encourage most people to use Telerivet instead of EnvayaSMS (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rivetlabs.sms). EnvayaSMS has several known bugs and is not under active development. Telerivet requires no technical expertise or server setup, and also contains numerous additional features and bug fixes not available in EnvayaSMS.
EnvayaSMS is a SMS and MMS gateway running entirely as an Android app.
EnvayaSMS is intended for advanced software developers to integrate SMS functionality into their own web application.
In order to deploy EnvayaSMS, you will also need to configure a web server, and enter some settings specific to your web server in EnvayaSMS. See http://sms.envaya.org/install/ to learn more.
For a full list of changes, see http://sms.envaya.org/history/
* Allow sending messages in real-time via AMQP
* Persistent storage of pending messages
* Allow server to update settings remotely
* Server interface changed from XML to JSON
* Forward incoming call notifications to server
* Enable sending more than Android's limit of 100 messages/app/hour via expansion packs (installed separately)
* Forward incoming MMS messages to server
* Support sending/receiving multipart SMS messages