Erebus is an Open Source RPG with 3 quests and random dungeons, set in a medieval fantasy Swords & Sorcery world.
* Classic point-n-click hack 'n' slash dungeon crawl style fantasy Role-Playing Game, with dungeons to explore, enemies to fight, NPCs to talk to, sub-quests to complete, scenery to interact with, weapons, treasure and other items to find.
* Multiple quests (currently three, more will be added as development progresses!)
* Also provides randomly generated dungeons to explore and battle through.
* Choice of starting characters (currently Barbarian, Elf, Halfling, Ranger, Warrior), each with their own special skills.
* Start straight into the action - none of this "For your first quest, please find your next door neighbour's pet cat".
* Vector-based world rather than tile-based - so items/scenery can be placed in any position, or aligned in any direction.
* 2D animated graphics, with zoom in/out, and lighting effects.
* Completely free and Open Source - no ads, unlike many free Android apps.
* Cross-platform - available for Windows, Linux, Nokia Symbian, Android and Pandora.
If you need instructions, please see the website (linked below), or click Offline or Online Help from within the game.
Android 2.3.3 or later is required. A resolution of at least 800x480 is required. Intel Android devices are not currently supported. Known issues:
- When switching back from another app the display sometimes takes a while to resume. Switching to the homescreen then back to the game may help.
Note that this game requires the Ministro II libraries. If you don't have these, you should be taken to the app page automatically when you first run Erebus. Please install Ministro II, then return to Erebus. Like many games, Erebus makes use of 3rd party libraries (in this case Qt - similar to Adobe Air, Unity, and so on), and Ministro manages these libraries. The advantage of having a separate app to do this is that the libraries only need to be downloaded once, and are then available for all apps that use Qt. If these were part of Erebus, you'd still have to download the libraries (the size of Erebus would be much bigger), and they wouldn't be available for other apps to use. Qt allows me to write a cross-platform app for Android, Symbian, Windows and Linux. Like Erebus, Ministro is completely free and ad-free.
Ministro will download the libraries when you first run Erebus. If you get an error message such as "Ministro can not satisfy your application dependencies", please ensure you have enough storage space (the libraries can take around 10MB).
Erebus RPG is Open Source, and uses graphics/sound/music from 3rd party Free sources; see the web page for source code, and a full list of credits/licences. Erebus is free, though if you like this game, if you wish you can show appreciation and support future development by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app.
Please contact me if you encounter any problems, or have any suggestions for improvements - either email, or post at http://sourceforge.net/p/erebusrpg/discussion/ .
0.14: Fixed crash when all ammo of a ranged weapon was used up (sorry about that!).
Random dungeons could create room with scenery blocking doors.
Trap difficulty attribute was being ignored.
New enemy Fire Ant, added to 3rd quest.
New texture for background of text.
Don't display item weights in player sell list when trading.