WARNING: App is NOT COMPATIBLE with ANDROID 5 LOLLIPOP at the moment. We are working on this and a patch will be released soon to resolve the issue.
Android 5.0 has a new cool feature called Priority Mode that allows you to silence your phone's ringer except for when certain people call you. It's something you'd enable right before bedtime, for instance, if you don't want to be disturbed unless it's someone important trying to reach you.
But instead of waiting on your phone's manufacturer to push a system update your way, you can easily replicate this functionality with Essential Calls!
Essential Calls lets you create a list with the contacts that really matter to you and easily adjust it in the future. By activating the app, your phone will automatically be switched to ringing mode when you receive a call or an SMS from the selected contacts. At the end of an essential call, your phone will be switched back to silent mode.
You can also set Essential Calls to mute your phone on certain hours on certain days, while only allow notification for your white listed contacts during this hours!
• Do not interrupt mode added:
You can now also block sound notifications on selected contacts, even when your phone is set on Normal mode!
• Schedule essential calls to start on certain hours on certain days.
• The Lite version gives you the ability to be notified when you receive calls from your two most essential contacts and your smartphone is set to silent mode.
• Add unlimited contacts and receive notifications for incoming SMSs by supporting this effort and upgrading to Premium.
• Select your essential contacts from your existing phonebook or add a custom contact.
• Exclude a contact from the list you created by clicking on it or just delete it.
• Easily switch the app on/off by using the Essential Calls' widget.
• Don't interrupt mode added:
You can now block sound notifications on a selected contact!
•This update contains bug fixes.