Diagnostic and Interventional Endoscopic Ultrasound
An App (EUS) dedicated to endoscopic ultrasound education has been developed by Drs Shyam Varadarajulu, Paul Fockens and Robert Hawes. This App is a “must-have” for all endoscopists, pulmonologists and gastroenterology/pulmonology trainees interested in EUS. The EUS App is available for free download in the Google Play Store.
The App is compatible for use with Android phones. The key features of the EUS App are
(1) Teaching videos (with audio) on how to perform Diagnostic EUS,
(2) Teaching videos (with audio) for Interventional EUS,
(3) Video Atlas (no audio) of common diseases (streamed from YouTube),
(4) Lecture slides: the iPhone and iPad can be connected to a projector and the slides be used for lectures,
(5) What is New in EUS: quarterly literature review on the latest developments in EUS,
(6) Cytopathology section: a dedicated video lecture teaching endosonographers how to process and interpret FNA specimens will be streamed from YouTube and lecture slides on EUS cytopathology,
(7) Educational Resources section: provides information on TNM cancer staging, role of antibiotics and anticoagulation in EUS-FNA/interventions and medication dosages for celiac plexus interventions and,
(8) Conferences: information on meetings dedicated to EUS.
This App is not a one-time development. It will be periodically updated and revised. Future developments will include sections dedicated to Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) and Updated videos and literature review.
This version has fixed an issue where sometimes not all Atlas Videos were available.