Exoplanet Explorer takes you on a journey into deep space, beyond the limits of our Solar System. Based on the latest available data, you'll explore virtual models of more than 700 known planets and the star systems that they inhabit.
The full version of Exoplanet Explorer introduces a new feature that allows you to update the planet database, keeping you up to date with the latest discoveries.
The data is sourced from The Planetary Habitability Laboratory.
In addition to an intuitive interface which allows touch driven navigation through our Galaxy, Exoplanet Explorer also offers a comprehensive search tool which will let you find the planets and systems that you are interested in. This includes the ability to both search and sort by planet name, the number of planets in a system or even then number of stars in a system, to name just a few.
Statistics are provided to summarise the information in the database and give you a global perspective.
Planets have been divided up into 6 classes, and further subdivides into 3 temperature classes. This information has then been used to create models which are then assembled into working solar systems to give you an idea of what they might look like if we could travel there today.
Planet are divided into the following mass classes:
* Mercurian - rocky worlds that have the approximate mass of Mercury
* Sub-terran - rocky planets with a mass similar to Mars
* Terran - rocky worlds with similar mass to Earth
* Super-terran - rocky worlds with a higher mass than Earth
* Neptunian - gas giants similar to Neptune
* Jovian - gas giants as massive or more massive than Jupiter
The planets are further divided into the following temperature classes:
* Hot - planets that are too hot to support liquid water
* Warm - planets in the star's habitable zone where liquid water could exist
* Cold - planets beyond the habitable zone where water would only exist as ice
* Please report problems at apps.burlock.org or email
Fix for Tegra devices
Correction for planet temperatures
Various UI improvements
Fixed a glitch when clicking on a particular planet type
*** Please uninstall the old 2.4.x version of the app before installing this update. This is a completely rewritten version and files from the old app may cause issues if they are not cleared ***
New HD graphics
Please report any bugs as this is a completely rewritten app