Exploration Colony is a turn-based strategy game with simple graphics, long matches and deep gameplay.
Its a 4X game - eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate - which includes classic games such as Colonization (1994) and Civilization (1991). One of the main differences is that Exploration Colony is a peaceful game, focused on economy and resource optimization, so there's no military extermination.
You were sent by your King to create a Colony on a new continent to extract diamonds and send back to the kingdom. Besides creating the colony you have to explore the area to find suitable places to gather resources, and do it all faster than your opponents.
Exploration Colony is an indie 4X game with modest graphics but complex and hard to master gameplay. Fans of turn-based strategy games will rapidly feel at home.
• 5 Resources: food to keep your buildings and explorers, wood and stone to create buildings, gifts to become friends with the natives, and gold to produce gifts
• Building Placement: Resource buildings production depends on its adjacent resources
• Natives: they will only allow good friends to build near their villages
• Resource Trading: you can build a market to buy and sell resources
• Research: 8 different technologies with 3 levels each available to research
• Treasure: chests with random contents on the map
• Auto-save: Matches are automatically saved so you can continue later
• 3 Match Modes: quick, regular or odyssey matches, with 3 difficulty levels each
Notice that the game is completely free with ads. The only in-app purchase available is to remove ads, so don't worry about micro-transactions or pay-walls. So rest assured we won't make any coercive monetization, but please understand the need for the ads to allow the game to be completely free - thank you!
First major update, including several performance improvements (thanks to Andy from MiniCiv for the help!), and equalized the building rules for AI and Human to avoid unfair advantage to the AI.
Game originally released on February 4th (2014).