Turn your Android device into a mobile television! Use this app with the Elgato’s EyeTV W Mobile TV Hotspot to enjoy live TV anywhere you go!
• Watch live TV on your Android device anywhere you go
• No internet connection required
• Watch, pause, fast forward and rewind live TV
• Record your favourite shows directly on your Android device
• Program guide for up to seven days with detailed show information
How does it work?
This app requires EyeTV W, a small hardware accessory, to tune into free over-the-air Freeview (DTT/DVB-T). Watching TV with EyeTV W doesn’t require any wires: the built-in, rechargeable battery powers your TV freedom for up to four hours, while live TV is sent straight to your device wirelessly through a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot. You don’t need an internet connection to watch TV with EyeTV W, so you will never have to wait for any data to load and don’t have to pay monthly service or data bills.
Learn more about EyeTV W at http://www.elgato.com/eyetv-w
What do you need?
• EyeTV W
• DTT/DVB-T/TNT/Freeview coverage
• One of these Android devices:
- Google: Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10
- HTC: One S, One X
- Samsung Galaxy: Note, Note II, Note 3, S II, S III, S III mini, S4, S4 Mini, S5, Tab 2, Tab 3 8.0
EyeTV W requires an Android device with a 1 GHz or faster dual-core ARM CPU and Android 4.0.3 (“Ice Cream Sandwich”) or later. Playback of MPEG-4/H.264 video requires a processor with NEON support (e.g. Tegra3).
• The amount of EPG data and teletext information varies by broadcaster and may not be available.
• DTT/DVB-T/TNT/Freeview broadcasts vary in bitrate. Playback quality of high bitrate channels may be limited by 802.11g Wi-Fi network bandwidth.
• EyeTV W supports MPEG-2 video in standard and high definition, MPEG-4/H.264 video in standard definition as well as DVB-T radio, if available. High definition MPEG-4/H.264 channels, encrypted programs and/or DVB-T2 broadcasts are not supported.
EyeTV W 2.0 introduces a brand-new look and includes many other bug fixes and performance improvements.