With EZ Usenet, Easynews® members can search and download binary content from Usenet newsgroups directly to their phone/tablet.
Membership to easynews.com is required to use this application; if you are not an Easynews member, see what you are missing by visiting our website (http://www.chillaxing.com/easynews/) for a 14 day free trial.
May 2014 - If you are having problems downloading to your SD card please read: http://chillaxing.com/easynews/sdcard
For problems or feature requests, please contact us at [email protected]
Leaving a 1-star comment isn't going to get something fixed; it's best to send us an e-mail. :-)
The application has the following features:
* Compatible with phones and tablets running Android 2.2 - 4.4
* Search binary content by keyword
* Easily filtered by Image, Audio, Video, Document, etc
* Advanced filtering,and ranges(Date, Size, Filename, Newsgroup, Media codecs, etc ) and sorting is also available
* Build-in Zip Manager (send downloads to your queue, access your queue from the app, download files from your queue)
* Built-in download manager to download files in the background to your SD card
* Works with Wifi and 3G/4G connection
* Ability to save searches and reuse them as a search template
* Integration with iMDB, Shazam, and Soundhound Android apps (use Share function)
* Download NZB file - integrates well with other NZB Android apps such as SABControl and NZB360.
* Multiple select of search results for easy zip manager/nzb creation
* Listen to preview of audio search results
* Stream content with 3rd party media players such as MX Video Player and MoboPlayer
* Compatible with 3rd party download managers
This basic version of EZ Usenet allows browsing all content (including thumbnails) and downloading content posted in the last 14 days. Unlocked version available in the market with no restrictions!
LOOOOONG over-due update. Thanks everyone for being patient. I'm hoping to refresh some of the dated UI next.
Support for External SD cards (Android 5+)
Download list improvements
Grouping of download notifications
Fixed Save Search (Easynews API change)
Possible fix for HTTP 412 errors during downloads