Scan for and recover deleted files from memory cards and internal storage on rooted* devices.
Undeleter can come in handy if you accidentally erase photos and videos, or want some old tunes to listen to on the go. Unerase them in minutes, on any rooted device!Features:
• Unerase files from formatted or corrupted memory
• Restore deleted files from any type of volume - internal storage, SD card, OTG mount
• Recover documents, pictures, video, music, archives, ebooks and binaries
• Scan for deleted call logs, SMS and WhatsApp or Viber conversations
• Save restored files directly to Dropbox and Google Drive
• Securely delete (permanently erase) files using the system Share menu from any app
• Shred files that could otherwise be restored by 3rd partiesFor free, the app will restore all supported image file types and all types of data, including SMS, call logs and WhatsApp or Viber conversations. It will also shred and secure delete.
Unlock it to recover other supported file types, remove ads and enable background scanning.*
ROOT/SUPERUSER PERMISSIONS require that you modify the operating system on your device, visit our website for more information: http://fahrbot.co.uk/root
Join the Google Plus Beta community to try new features and get help from us and our users: https://plus.google.com/communities/113775337370180900364
Unlike your Mac, Windows and Linux computer, which save files to a recycle bin, taking up space and constantly using system resources, Undeleter examines the disk itself for files that have been deleted, and only scans for these files when you need to.
FILE TYPES: Journal scanning can discover files with any conceivable extension. Essentially these files are still on your volume with their data in allocated sectors. Journal scan is only available on EXT4 and derived file systems.
Deep scan heuristically scans for and recovers the following types of files: BMP, JPEG/JPG, PNG, MNG, JNG, GIF, MP4, AVI, MKV, MP3, OGG, OGM, WAV, FLAC, AMR, MP4A, PDF, SXD, SXI, SXC, SXW, ODT,ODG, ODS, ODP, DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, ZIP, JAR, APK, EPUB.
Data scanning is available for a select number of apps, including the system phone and SMS applications. Data will be recovered in the form or HTML files for WhatsApp and Viber, as we cannot merge third-party catalogs.
SHRED/SECURE DELETE: Files found on free disk areas can be erased permanently in bulk using the Shred function. You can also use the system-wide Share menu to securely erase files directly through any other app, for example by opening the gallery, selecting a number of images, pressing the Share button and selecting Secure delete.
For a good tutorial on how to use this app, look here: http://nexus5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/recover-deleted-files-photos-android-0157040/
NOTE: This app does not scan folders, it examines disk sectors shown by the operating system as Volumes. Folders do not actually contain any data, they are simply an organizational system employed by the OS - your data is spread throughout the volume.
NOTE: Some files that are discovered during a scan may fail to recover as the data can be corrupted beyond repair, just like desktop based solutions. Similarly, files that are recovered may fail to open or play back due to fragmentation. Try to save the restored files and transfer them to your desktop computer, where more robust, error-tolerant applications may be able to open them.
ACCOUNT - needed for Google Drive and Dropbox upload
CALL/SMS - needed for app data scanner, disabling these will prevent the app from scanning for these
LOCATION - for ads, disabling it will just send you generic ads
If you have any questions, write to [email protected]
or back out of any screen to the volume selector and press "Send report" in the three dot menu.
• Added Generic scan, which greatly increases recovery success after system wipes and formats
• Added Secure delete, accessible through the system Share menu
• Added permanent Shred for files discovered in free space
WARNING - only the latest available SuperSu root binary is officially supported. Superuser should work OK, KingUser and its derivatives are not recommended and may not work. If you have issues with volume enumeration, the binary is probably to blame, so flash the latest SuperSu.