Families is designed to operate in conjunction with Legacy Family Tree, the leading Windows-based genealogy software from Millennia Corp. Your Legacy family files can be easily transferred to your Android device, enabling them to be viewed and edited wherever you are. Families supports the following functionality:
- Multiple family files
- New family files can be created from scratch
- Family View, Pedigree View, Descendant View and Timeline
- Index, searchable by Given Name, Surname or RIN
- To Do Lists
- Master and Detail Sources
- Locations and Addresses, with geolocation via Google Maps
- Alternate Names
- Pictures, including the ability to add pictures from camera or photo album
- Documents, audio and video files
- Portrait and Landscape mode on all views
- Supports Legacy 6, 7 and 8
Families uses a highly efficient database implementation, allowing very large family files to be supported. Users have successfully displayed and edited files containing over 300,000 individuals.
Families requires a companion program running on the PC to transfer family files to and from the Android device. This program, Families Sync, can be downloaded free of charge from www.telgen.co.uk/families.
A sample family file is included.
- Fix problem adding photos to newly created family file
- Handle adding picture from remote server
- Preserve edited fields if screen is rotated while editing individual name