Farpost Plus is the successor to - and comprehensive rewrite of - Farpost, the Football Analyst's Realtime Player Organizer and Statistics Tracker. It is targeted mainly for coaches and parents of youth sports teams, but can be used at any level. This new application - which has first-class support for tablets as well as phones - has incorporated user feedback and Android best practices to offer the following features:
- Define any number of teams for soccer, basketball and ice hockey, including rosters and staff members.
- Schedule games for each team in advance. Filter games by competition (league, tournament etc.).
- Toggle between Move and Act mode when playing (i.e. recording events for) a game.
- Move mode provides simple two-touch movement of players between bench and field (court, rink etc.) positions. There is also a Set Lineup option that lets you specify which players are available for the current game (in case of absences).
- Act mode allows you to record actions taken by field players, including what they did and where on the field they did it. Actions are grouped for easier lookup. Actions can also be recorded for the opposing team.
- Act mode also allows you to "tag" bench players as ready to enter the field. This is particularly useful in youth sports when several players may be substituted at once.
- Send game alerts via SMS messages and/or Twitter when points are scored and when each period (half, quarter etc.) starts or ends.
- Review game statistics both during and after a game. Statistics are per-player and are filterable by action and action group, and include raw counts and per-minute values.
- Review statistics for multiple games, filtered by team and (optionally) competition. These statistics are per-player and organized by action group. Includes notion of "points influence": how many points are scored and conceded while each player is on the field/court/rink.
This feature set provides the basics of what you need to track your teams' progress. The following additional features are planned for future releases:
- Add field area-based statistics.
- Synchronize data with the cloud such that all game information is visible from multiple Android devices on which you have installed the app. For example, you could record games on a phone and review statistics on a tablet.
- Share game information for one or more teams with other Farpost Plus users.
- Share game information with anyone else.
- Define custom actions that can be recorded during games and included in statistics.
Ask questions, make suggestions and vote on upcoming feature priority on the Farpost Plus Google+ community at https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112413442223455219148.
1.2 - Added the ability to define custom actions for use during the games, which are subsequently included in the statistics.
1.1 - Added multi-game statistics screen, accessible from the home game list screen and based on selected team (and optionally competition). Fixed a number of bugs; thanks to those who sent in crash reports!