A free and ad-free enhanced minesweeper with smooth cartoony graphics and cool sound effects.
- The object of the game is to open all of the fields in a minefield except the ones actually containing mines.
- The trick is of course not to open any of the fields containing mines.
- The challenge is either to win the game as fast as possible or sometimes even just to win.
- In addition to normal fields there are also "nothing fields" which can neither be opened nor can they contain mines (these are represented with rocks).
- Of course you can move the field by dragging it around the screen with your finger and zoom in and out by using the pinch gesture.
- Flagging mines is accomplished by a two-finger tap (touch the desired field with one finger and then touch somewhere else on the screen with the other), which can be done very fast. If you have problems with this method, you can perform a long press instead.
- You will never blow yourself up on your first move. What is more, you will never even start next to a mine.
- The field opening algorithm will always open as many obvious empty fields as possible, taking into account the already marked fields so you can save some time and nerves.
- You can save even more time and nerves by using simple shortcuts for marking all remaining fields around a field as mines or opening all remaining fields around a field.
- There are 3 powerups you can use if you ever get stuck, a stork that carries rocks instead of babies, a pickaxe and a metal detector.
- If the 5 provided difficulty levels are not enough, you can create your own inside the game itself.
- Help is provided online at http://me.flyingdogfish.com/
- All the images, numbers and other graphical assets were drawn by the author in a smooth cartoonish style.
- The user interface is universal as it contains no words, only intuitive images.
- Cool sound effects and effective use of vibration effects complement the gaming experience.
- The game is completely free, doesn't show any ads whatsoever and doesn't track anything at all about the players.
- Future improvements will contain a highscore table and online highscores.
- Possible future improvements might contain endless mode and even an adventure mode with increasingly difficult preset minefields.
- Added an alternative way for flagging mines: the long press.
- The field that is about to be opened is now marked with blue and the field that is about to be flagged is marked with red.
Version 1.0 - The first official version.