Cast online videos from your Android device to Amazon Fire TV! This app is intended to help cast videos embedded in websites that are not directly accessible in Fire TV.
Install "Firecast Player" in your Fire TV and then install this "Firecast" app in your Android device. Once you connect the devices to the same Wi-Fi network, this app will detect the Fire TV.
Browse the web for videos in the Firecast app and cast them to the Firecast Player in your Fire TV. It's that easy!
Please note that not all videos can be cast (like Flash videos, live streams, etc). Videos in the web that are not in high definition, might not look the same on your HD TV as they look in a small screen.
UPDATE 7/30/14: YouTube videos will not cast in Android 4.4 devices, please use the YouTube app.
* Install Firecast Player app in your Fire TV: http://amzn.to/1mvySW4
* Install this Firecast app in your Android device
* Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Fire TV
* This app will detect the Fire TV in your network
* Browse the web for your favorite entertainment
* In Android 4.3 or earlier, play videos in full view for the cast menu
* In Android 4.4 or later, just start videos to launch the cast menu
* Select the Fire TV to cast and voila!
* Enjoy videos on the big screen!!
Upgrade to the FLAMIN' edition to watch videos longer than 10 minutes. Firecast app only works with the Firecast Player in Fire TV.
Amazon Fire TV: http://amzn.to/1irdKuE
Firecast Player: http://amzn.to/1mvySW4
Help & FAQs: https://sites.google.com/site/appestry/firecast
FREE!! We're available over live video on Google Helpouts: https://helpouts.google.com/113837088030303653022/ls/b2ff6c2914cf8528
First version 1.03 to set the ball rolling. Let the casting begin!