Flexible Unit Converter is the only unit converter app that incorporates dimensional analysis, allowing you to construct and convert an endless variety of complex units.
• Intuitive gesture-based interface.
• Over 650 built-in units in 75 categories. A description or definition is included for almost every unit.
• Includes 90 currencies (requires internet access permission for updates).
• Hide units and categories to show only the units you need (most uncommon units hidden by default).
• Define new categories and units, and edit built-in unit parameters.
• Save favorite conversions, quickly access them all on one page, categorize them.
• Search for units or categories.
• Add any exponent or SI prefix to any unit
• Detects inversions, for example to convert from mass density to specific volume.
• Built-in keypad, for quick number entry.
• Mixed fraction input.
• Real-time calculation.
• 'Info' page tells how to balance your conversion.
• Result rounding and precision adjustment.
• Mixed fraction output, with fraction simplicity slider.
• Scientific or engineering notation, with threshold control.
• Uses Android 4+ theme.
• Basic interface with no graphics or intense colors.
• Tap a category title to open units, long-press category titles to enter category settings..
• Touch and hold a unit to view its name and description at the bottom.
• Drag and drop units from the unit library to the left or right side of the conversion.
• Tap input number (top left) to open keypad.
• Flick units in the conversion area up/down to increase or decrease exponent.
• Long-press units in the conversion area to edit or delete.
• Swipe right from the unit library to edit and access favorites.
The hundreds of different units used in all domains of mathematics and science are composed of a small number of “base units” of measurement. The standard “SI” unit system uses the following base units:
• Length: metre
• Mass: kilogram
• Time: second
• Temperature: Kelvin
• Angle: radian
• Solid Angle: steradian
• Electric Current: ampere
• Luminous Intensity: lumen
• Particles in a substance: mole
Together with a base unit for currency (US Dollars), FUC performs all conversions using these base units. This enables you to convert speed, for example, using any combination of length (metre, kilometere, mile, inch, etc.) and time (second, hour, minute, day, etc.) base units.
This makes FUC by far the most powerful and flexible unit converter app available. It is intended for scientists, engineers and students, but is simple enough for everyday use.
Some of the more obscure units you can convert FUC:
Mass Density or Concentration
Specific Electric Charge
Electric Conductance or Admittance
Electric Current Density
Electric Field Strength
Electric Flux Density
Specific Energy / Enthalpy
Mass Flow Rate
Molar Flow Rate
Volumetric Flow Rate
Molar Heat Capacity or Entropy
Specific Heat Capacity or Entropy
Volumetric Heat Capacity
Energy Flux Density or Irradiance
Heat Release Rate
Heat Transfer Coefficient
Mass Transfer Coefficient
Mass Moment of Inertia
Solubility Parameter, Hildebrand
Angular / Rotational Speed
Surface Tension, or Impact Strength
Thermal Expansion Coefficient
Linear Thermal Expansion
Volumetric Thermal Expansion
Second Moment of Area
Volumetric Heat Transfer Coefficient
Linear Current Density / Magnetization
Magnetic Vector Potential
Magnetic Dipole Moment
• Optimize font sizes for high density screens.
• Categorize favorite conversions
• Fixed problems with favorites and 2nd launcher icon.
• Second launcher icon for favorites conversions (hide option in settings)
• New cleaner UI and icon
• Info page with conversion assistant
If you have problems after updating, you may need to clear app data:
Android Settings -> Apps -> Flexible Unit Converter -> Clear Data