Flexible Unit Converter (FUC) is the only unit converter app that incorporates dimensional analysis, allowing you to construct and convert an endless variety of complex units.
• Intuitive gesture-based interface.
• Over 650 built-in units in 75 categories. A description or definition is included for almost every unit.
• Includes 90 currencies (requires internet access permission for updates).
• Hide units and categories to show only the units you need (most uncommon units hidden by default).
• Define new categories and units, and edit built-in unit parameters.
• Save favorite conversions, quickly access them all on one page.
• Search for units or categories.
• Add any exponent or SI prefix to any unit
• Detects inversions, for example to convert from mass density to specific volume.
• Built-in keypad, for quick number entry.
• Mixed fraction input.
• Real-time calculation.
• Result rounding and precision adjustment.
• Mixed fraction output, with fraction simplicity slider.
• Scientific or engineering notation, with threshold control.
• Uses Android 4+ theme.
• Basic interface with no graphics or intense colors.
• Touch and hold a unit to view its name and description at the bottom.
• Drag and drop units from the unit library to the left or right side of the conversion.
• Scroll through the unit library using the left side where the category titles are.
• Tap input number (top left) to open keypad.
• Tap output number (top right) to open calculation options.
• Flick units in the conversion area up/down to increase or decrease exponent.
• Long-press units in the conversion area to edit or delete.
• Swipe right from the unit library to edit and access favorites.
• Long-press category titles to enter category settings.
The hundreds of different units used in all domains of mathematics and science are composed of a small number of “base units” of measurement. The standard “SI” unit system uses the following base units:
• Length: metre
• Mass: kilogram
• Time: second
• Temperature: Kelvin
• Angle: radian
• Solid Angle: steradian
• Electric Current: ampere
• Luminous Intensity: lumen
• Particles in a substance: mole
Together with a base unit for currency (US Dollars), FUC performs all conversions using these base units. This enables you to convert speed, for example, using any combination of length (metre, kilometere, mile, inch, etc.) and time (second, hour, minute, day, etc.) base units.
This makes FUC by far the most powerful and flexible unit converter app available. It is intended for scientists, engineers and students, but is simple enough for everyday use.
New in version 0.41:
• Added space at right in unit library for scrolling.
• Relaxed exponent tolerance, for example to convert from cube root gallons to inches.
New in version 0.4:
• Expand & collapse categories; Find the units you're looking for more quickly.
• App now opens much faster!
• Fixed crashes
• New icon, font, name
• Fixed currency data
If you have problems after updating, you may need to clear app data:
Android Settings -> Apps -> Flexible Unit Converter -> Clear Data