Flexpansion's advanced word prediction dramatically increases your typing speed in ALL apps. Type using abbreviations, like a txt msg, and Flexpansion automatically expands into full, correctly-spelled text.
Flexpansion provides everything you'd expect from a predictive text system, including fully-adaptive word completion, next word prediction, editable user dictionary and autocorrect. But also, our unique "Abbreviation expansion" mode understands all common abbreviation styles. For example:
* wd → would
* xprc → experience
* tfon → telephone
* 2mrw → tomorrow
No need to memorize anything. No need to pre-define abbreviations. Our Flexible Text Expansion engine deals with whatever you type and learns rapidly from your usage.
NEW - choose empty base language, then learn from text, to type in ONLY your own words. Add Shakespeare, technical writing, or another language.
* … has an advanced predictive text engine which learns your personal style and continuously improves its suggestions.
* … is compatible with phones, tablets, and hardware keyboards.
* … is easily personalized by adding your own abbreviations, words and even whole phrases (a limited number in the free version, unlimited in Flexpansion Pro). For instance set 'qq' (or anything you like) to insert your signature, phone number, or any other frequently-typed block of text.
* … is derived from the founder's PhD research at Edinburgh University.
* … as well as helping you type faster, may even improve your spelling!
* Split 'thumb' keyboard for wider screens
* Arrow keys
* Long-press and swipe for punctuation, numbers, or accented letters
* Long-press Enter for smileys
* Long-press Space to enter input unaltered and learn it
* Long-press ?123 for speech (if supported by device, needs internet)
* Switchable visual themes or skins: Donut (free), Gingerbread (free), Festive (free), Typewriter, Computer, Red, Blue, Green, Pink.
* Switchable sound themes: Android (free), Festive (free), Mechanical (free), Electric, Model M, Drums, Beep.
* Swipe left on the keyboard to undo an expansion, or delete the previous word. Swipe right to redo.
* Swipe down to disable prediction, up to force-enable.
* Swipe down again to hide the keyboard, tap a text box to bring it back.
* Caps Lock, then swipe to move up/down/left/right in text.
* Option to remove keypress popups.
* Learn from Gmail (BETA) and ANYTHING pasted in.
Try out the variety of sounds in each theme - turn your phone into an old-fashioned typewriter complete with dinging carriage return, play a set of party sounds, or a drum kit while you type!
* US English
* UK English
* German (QWERTZ layout optional)
* If you'd like to be a pre-release tester for a new language, or want your language added, please contact us!
A system message on installation states this app could collect personal data. Rest assured your language data is only stored on your device, never sent across the Internet. We will never record typing in password boxes. We are a responsible company, with academic and government support, which you can verify by searching for "Flexpansion Edinburgh University".
After activating Flexpansion, to switch between it and other input methods, long-press any text box (Android 2), or swipe down the status bar (Android 3+), then choose "Select Input Method".
We think you will love how rapidly Flexpansion begins adapting to your writing style - check out our great reviews. Please rate us!
* Still learning some junk from Gmail, e.g. typos & too many capitals. We are working on this.
* A few apps block prediction, and won't let us over-ride. Please contact us AND them!
If you have any problems or feature requests, please contact us via our website.
We're a small company and will do our best. Thanks for your patience!
Changes in ver 2.148:
* Reduced long-press delay for alternate characters popup.
* Corrected position of long-press popup when using split keyboard.
* Prevented swipe gestures during a long-press.
* Moved ö/ü/ä to start of alternate chars list when device is set to German.
* Added "(None)" language selection, which allows you to have Flexpansion predict only the words found in Gmail / text training data. Very useful for Pro users, using backup/restore to create & share specialist language packs.