Flight Gear brings together key flight tools and flight instruments such as the Attitude Indicator, Heading Indicator, Weight and Balance Calculator (center of gravity), Fuel Timer and more! Instead of having to haul around multiple flight tools such as an E6B whiz-wheel, separate flight timer, fuel timer, etc, you can simply use this app for all your pre-flight and in-flight calculations/needs.
***NOW WITH AIRPORT FACILITY DIRECTORIES. Access information that the FAA publishes about airports all over the US WITHOUT a data/internet connection. You can search the Airport Facility Directory by Airport Name, Airport City, Airport ID, or Navigation Point Name. You MUST have a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader installed to view airport information.***
- Attitude Indicator. Uses the internal gyroscope/accelerometer to calculate your aircraft's position relative to the ground.
- Heading Indicator. Uses the internal magnetometer to calculate compass heading.
- Photo-realistic graphics.
**NOTE: The simulated instruments in this app are NOT meant to be used as direct replacements of the instruments in your cockpit. They are simply there in the app for demonstration/featured purposes only.
- Weight and Balance Calculator (center of gravity). Save, edit, and delete multiple aircraft/registrations. Save your basic parameters (center of gravity limits, empty weight, empty moment, etc) to the onboard database to avoid having to re-enter them the next time you fly. Variable parameters such as weight and arm length can be edited for each calculation.
- ATC Playback. Connect your device to your radio stack to record conversations between ATC and you. You can then replay those conversations from the app at your own discretion.
- CG Off-Limits Warning System. The CG value automatically starts flashing against a bright red background to warn you when your aircraft is out of its CG limits. The gross weight is also calculated simultaneously and starts flashing when your aircraft is over its max takeoff weight.
- Fuel timer. Simply enter your fuel capacity, current fuel amount and the rate of fuel burn and the app will start a countdown timer for how much flying time you have left. Also includes a 30min warning and "Fuel Empty" alert.
- Flight timer that runs in the background even if you close the app or turn off your device. Includes Zulu time.
- Central dashboard with attitude indicator, heading, fuel timer, and flight timer all on one screen.
- Wind Correction Angle Calculator
- Crosswind Calculator
- Pressure Converter
- Distance converter (nautical miles, miles, kilometers).
- Volume converter (gallons and liters). Also converts volume of fuel (Jet A, Jet A-1, AVGAS 100LL) to weight (lbs and kgs) and vice-versa.
- Speed converter (knots, miles per hour, kilometers per hour).
- True Airspeed Converter. Enter your indicated airspeed and current altitude to get the commonly used 2% estimate.
- Auto ATC Notepad (BETA). Simply hit the record button when you receive a call from ATC and everything you read back to them will be transcribed onto your device. While this feature does currently work, it is still in beta and the voice recognition system may not recognize all aviation terms. An update will be released periodically to improve accuracy as developments are made.
Like us on Facebook!
This app is NOT intended as a replacement to any in-flight instruments, controls, or general aviation tools. By using the app, you agree that you will use your best judgment in making decisions while flying. You also agree that you are solely responsible for any outcomes that arise from using this app and that you will not hold the developer responsible for any damages, injuries, or death.
***This is app is not approved or endorsed by the Federal Aviation Administration***
--Added Pressure Converter
--Added Crosswind Calculator
--Added Wind Correction Angle Calculator
--NEW: ATC Playback
--Simplified Weight & Balance Calculator
--NEW: Airport Facility Directory Added