The Flipdog Encryption Plugin was built to add onto existing Flipdog Solutions applications to give them enhanced security. The current version supports the existing email application MailDroid and gives it support for S/MIME and openPGP. With openPGP, it supports Inline PGP and PGP/MIME under openPGP.
NOTE: This is a plugin library for existing Flipdog applications and will be of no use without the main application installed.
Current features are focused on MailDroid, but it will soon expand to include other Flipdog Solution apps and will improve over time.
1. Import private and public certificates for S/MIME (.crt, .cert, .cer, .pem, and .der files)
2. Import private and public keys for PGP (.asc files, PubRing.gpg, SecRing.gpg)
3. Ability to set a pass-phrase timeout
4. Certificates built into the Android Certificate Store will be recognized
5. Use self-signed certificates
6. HKP lookup and Import PGP keys
7. Set your own servers for lookup
8. View and Import from PGP server
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
1. The built in file browser needs access to read certificate files or pgp keys from your SD card in order to import them into the app.
2. The internet permission is required for S/MIME to check against the certificate authority and for the HKP implementation to look for PGP keys.
3. Logging ability is needed to send debug logs to us for support, logging is on demand and not run automatically
The Flipdog Encryption Plugin is approved classified under the provisions of ECCN 5D992.c pursuant to Section 742.15(b)(1) of the EAR. Please follow the guidelines of your country in terms of download and usage of this plugin.
+ Fixed an issue with password caching
+ Fixed all kinds of address mismatch issues with sMIME and PGP
+ In some instances, the wrong PG subkey was used for signing/encrypting
+ Fixed a number of stack traces