The common core lists fluency as an important skill. Second graders will continue to increase in fluency as they begin to read 2-3 grade level texts. This app is a comprehensive look at all aspects of fluency, including accuracy, smoothness, expression and automaticity. BugbrainED has a record for providing assisted educational apps that help children achieve grade level. Parents may use this app for a child who needs to catch up with his/her peers. Teachers can easily integrate this into lesson plans.
All of BugbrainED’s apps are based on the common core. The standard in fluency is as follows:
Read with sufficient accuracy and fluency to support comprehension.
a. Read on-level text with purpose and understanding.
b. Read on-level text orally with accuracy, appropriate rate, and expression on successive readings.
c. Use context to confirm or self-correct word recognition and understanding, rereading as necessary.
This app will help students to achieve grade level as they practice fluent reading with all of its aspects.
* Learning through animation, sound and touch.
* Bugs do the teaching to add fun and whimsy.
* The “Check Yourself” section tests your child’s learning and shows you the scores.
* Tutorial format guides your child through the activities.
* Based on the Common Core Standards for 1st Graders.
*Give your child a head start on first grade literacy.
* Correct answers get immediate and consistent praise while wrong answers simply ask them to try again.
*Multi-sensory learning creates a high degree of interactivity through voice, written words and animations.
*Fun bug graphics holds your child’s attention.
* Personalized feedback every step of the way.