FLY is FUN
FLY is FUN is a moving map for aviation and pilots that provides ILS and GPS approach, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings, without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board.
Used together with “FLY is FUN Unlocker”, “FLY is FUN” is a complete application, without any restriction.
Without “FLY is FUN Unlocker”, all functionalities of “FLY is FUN” are accessible, which allows news user to discover them, but after 10 minutes, application stop and need to be restarted.
FLY is FUN is completely autonomous. FLY is FUN allows:
- to display route, bearing, trace on a moving map;
- to visualize airspace, on the map and within a vertical cut;
- to get dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles and ground proximity warning;
- to create, modify, import, share, export routes (Garmin .gpx or Google Earth .kml) creating and modifying routes is easy, using the map point and click and drag and drop, or using the database;
- to create its own waypoints and field, to import them from Google Earth, gpx or via txt file;
- to create its own airspace or to import them from Google Earth or Open air files;
- to perform route planning, estimated distance time and fuel consumption (depending on wind and aircraft characteristics);
- to calculate Sunset / Sunrise;
- to get weather forecast along the route;
- to get warnings, alarms and message before entering to the controlled or special use airspaces or specific points.
With FLY is FUN user is free to fully customized all main screens (4 portrait and 4 landscape screens) and to choose information he wish to display:
- Altitude GPS or barometric, over see, over ground, correction;
- Ground speed;
- Vertical speed;
- Distance to point , distance to destination;
- Estimated time to next point, estimated time to destination;
- Time since departure;
- Stop watch;
FLY is FUN can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA, DAL
Information displayed on map, could as well be customized according users preferences (IFR alone, VFR alone, IFR and VFR, …) and zoom level. More you zoom, more detail, information, waypoints,.. you get.
The building logbook, allows recording:
a. duration since departure time
b. departure and arrive time
c. departure and arrive airport
d. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml or .gpx file)
d. used aircraft
e. pilot(s) in charge
and to calculate fly distance
User can import existing topographic and elevation maps via the application. He can as well use its own topographical maps, maps that could have been created using MOBAC or SAS PLANET on a PC
VACs and PDF files
User can easily attached PDF files to airport or ULM fields, and consult them during the fly.
Usage of external GPS connected via Bluetooth is possible
The free World navigation and airspace database is regularly updated following AIRAC cycle.
If your device does not have menu button, press the compass rose for it.
User guide: http://funair.cz/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, ULM, airplane, aviation, avionics, helicopter, gyropter, LSA, ultra light, glass cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B, density altitude
- Improved units selection. Metric x Imperial was replaced by Speed unit, Distance unit, Altitude unit and Vertical speed unit.
- Switch off NAV1 (Menu / Navigate / Stop NAV1)
- Updated Czech, Italian, Spanish, French, German and Russia and Poland version. Thanks to Marco, Rolando, Antoine, Juergen, Aleck and Krzysztof.