Database with all takeoff locations for hang gliding and paragliding as registered at flightlog.org.
Attached images provide some documentation for the various screens available in the app.
Note that the first time the app starts it will spend some time preparing the database. The next startup the app will start much faster.
In this app you can:
* Schedule flights and fetch schedule for flights at takeoffs.
* See nearby takeoffs or explore takeoffs and airspace on a map.
* See details about each takeoff.
* Fetch NOAA forecast for each takeoff.
* Get directions to the takeoffs.
The excellent airspace map was created by Hans Cato Grytnes, more details can be found at his page at http://www.grytnes-it.no/pg/luftrom/. Do note that the map may contain errors, or simply be outdated (the map will not be automatically updated, a new release is required). Please refer to the AIP for accurate airspace information.
Improvements and suggestions are welcome.
This is an Open Source project, and the source code can be found here: https://github.com/canidae/FlyWithMe
* Bugfix: Previous version did not read in takeoffs, this should now be fixed.
* NOAA forecasts are now fetched and cached on proxy server. This should reduce amount of data received and transmitted to/from device. In certain cases users won't have to write in CAPTCHA, and fetching forecast may be faster.
* Updated data for takeoffs.