fMSX is an MSX home computer emulator. It runs MSX, MSX2, and MSX2+ games and other software on your Android phone or tablet. Play MSX games with Bluetooth gamepads, Xperia gaming buttons, Moga gamepads, or iCade joysticks. Save gameplay at any time and restart once you get killed. Record MSX music to MIDI files and use them as ringtones. Play with friends over WiFi or Internet, using NetPlay. Play on a 55" GoogleTV, using your remote or a USB joystick.
* Optimized for Android devices using assembler and 3D hardware acceleration, and running MSX software at the fastest possible speed.
* Full screen portrait or landscape mode emulation, with options for simulating TV scanlines and fuzzy TV display.
* Loads ROMs (*.rom), disk images (*.dsk) and tape images (*.cas).
* Supports PSG, SCC, and FM-PAC (OPLL) MSX sound chips.
* Emulates joystick using touch screen, Bluetooth controllers, physical keyboard, or accelerometer.
* Emulates MSX mouse.
* Supports GoogleTV devices running Android 4.x (Jelly Bean), such as LG G2/G3.
* Supports Moga, iCade, Nyko PlayPad, and other Bluetooth and USB gamepads.
* Supports Xperia Play gaming buttons.
* Network play feature lets you play with other fMSX users over the network.
* State Exchange feature lets you swap saved MSX states with other users.
This is the full version of fMSX. It is free of ads and nagging.
fMSX package itself does not contain any MSX programs. You should place your own MSX files onto the SD card before running fMSX.
Please, do not run any software you do not own with fMSX. The author cannot and will not tell you where to find free MSX games or other software.
Please, report any encountered problems here:
* Switched to the Material Design theme.
* Added "up" buttons to all title bars.
* Revised all menus, making them work uniformly.
* Fixed "Show Virtual Keyboard" setting.
* Fixed screenshots and highlight in the State Selector and State Exchange.
* Fixed black banding in the Palette Editor.
* Fixed text color in the Gallery.
* Updated all icons to Lollipop versions, replaced some icons.
* Removed application name from all title bars, to save space.
* Now defaulting to the "light UI" mode.