fMSX is an MSX home computer emulator. It runs MSX, MSX2, and MSX2+ games and other software on your Android phone or tablet. Play MSX games with Bluetooth gamepads, Xperia gaming buttons, Moga gamepads, or iCade joysticks. Save gameplay at any time and restart once you get killed. Record MSX music to MIDI files and use them as ringtones. Play with friends over WiFi or Internet, using NetPlay. Play on a 55" GoogleTV, using your remote or a USB joystick.
* Optimized for Android devices using assembler and 3D hardware acceleration, and running MSX software at the fastest possible speed.
* Full screen portrait or landscape mode emulation, with options for simulating TV scanlines and fuzzy TV display.
* Loads ROMs (*.rom), disk images (*.dsk) and tape images (*.cas).
* Supports PSG, SCC, and FM-PAC (OPLL) MSX sound chips.
* Emulates joystick using touch screen, Bluetooth controllers, physical keyboard, or accelerometer.
* Emulates MSX mouse.
* Supports GoogleTV devices running Android 4.x (Jelly Bean), such as LG G2/G3.
* Supports Moga, iCade, Nyko PlayPad, and other Bluetooth and USB gamepads.
* Supports Xperia Play gaming buttons.
* Network play feature lets you play with other fMSX users over the network.
* State Exchange feature lets you swap saved MSX states with other users.
This is the full version of fMSX. It is free of ads and nagging.
fMSX package itself does not contain any MSX programs. You should place your own MSX files onto the SD card before running fMSX.
Please, do not run any software you do not own with fMSX. The author cannot and will not tell you where to find free MSX games or other software.
Please, report any encountered problems here:
* Added joystick skins, place your own skin into /sdcard/fMSX/Controls.png.
* Added "Input | Layout Editor | Shape | Custom Skin" option for choosing your skin.
* Sample joystick skin image available at http://fms.komkon.org/EmuAndroid/#Skin.
* Made action bar optional on devices with MENU button (off by default).
* Added "General | Enable Action Bar" option for devices with MENU button.
* Added exception for LG Optimus Zone 2 (does not show submenus).