fMSX is an MSX home computer emulator. It runs MSX, MSX2, and MSX2+ games and other software on your Android phone or tablet. Play MSX games with Bluetooth gamepads, Xperia gaming buttons, Moga gamepads, or iCade joysticks. Save gameplay at any time and restart once you get killed. Record MSX music to MIDI files and use them as ringtones. Play with friends over WiFi or Internet, using NetPlay. Play on a 55" GoogleTV screen, using your remote controller or USB joystick.
* Optimized for Android devices using assembler and 3D hardware acceleration, and running MSX software at the fastest possible speed.
* Full screen portrait or landscape mode emulation, with options for simulating TV scanlines and fuzzy TV display.
* Loads ROMs (*.rom), disk images (*.dsk) and tape images (*.cas).
* Supports PSG, SCC, and FM-PAC (OPLL) MSX sound chips.
* Emulates joystick using touch screen, Bluetooth controllers, physical keyboard, or accelerometer.
* Emulates MSX mouse.
* Supports GoogleTV devices running Android 4.x (Jelly Bean), such as LG G2/G3.
* Supports Moga, iCade, Nyko PlayPad, and other Bluetooth and USB gamepads.
* Supports Xperia Play gaming buttons.
* Network play feature lets you play with other fMSX users over the network.
* State Exchange feature lets you swap saved MSX states with other users.
This is a free, limited version of fMSX that may show ads and nag you to buy the full version. For the full, ad-free version, get fMSX Deluxe. Or, you can buy any one of my other emulators and the fMSX ads will stop.
fMSX package itself does not contain any MSX programs. You should place your own MSX files onto the SD card before running fMSX.
Please, do not run any software you do not own with fMSX. The author cannot and will not tell you where to find free MSX games or other software.
Please, report any encountered problems here:
* Added navigation menu to the File Selector.
* Added tile view to the File Selector.
* Fixed crash when detecting an outdated version.
* You can add your own game names database in "/sdcard/fMSX/names.dat".
* Enabled application-wide hardware acceleration.
* Added "up" button to the main emulator title bar.
* Made "grid view" and "tile view" options separate.
* Moved File Selector view toggles to the navigation menu.
* fMSX now shows up in the Google Play for AndroidTV.