NOTE: This app is no longer maintained.
Folder Downloader for Dropbox lets you download entire folders from your Dropbox account to your Android device.
Note: since Android 4.4 KitKat, you can download files only to internal storage. External SD cards are not supported.
Problems? Drop me a line at [email protected]
HOW IT WORKS
1. Browse through your Dropbox folders
2. Long-press on the folder you want to download, select "Download folder to..." - or use the "Download all to..." button
3. Browse your Android's device local storage, and tap on the "Select" button to start the download
• Ability to create new folders on the local storage on the fly, so you don't need to use a separate file manager
• Supports both internal and SD card storage (defaults to device-defined external storage, navigate up to find other storage options)
• Downloads performed in background via an Android Service, so you don't have to keep the app running
• Ability to retry failed downloads from the report screen
• Support for MediaScanner, allowing other apps to immediately recognize downloaded files
• Authentication performed via OAuth and Dropbox's official API, so the app CANNOT read your Dropbox password
• No ads
• Only one download job is performed at a time, subsequent jobs are queued and executed as soon as the previous are completed
• You'll need a Dropbox account to use this app, but the Dropbox app is optional
- Updated Dropbox SDK (1.6.2) - security fix
- Updated Dropbox SDK (1.6.1)
- Improved buttons text
- Updated Dropbox SDK (1.5.4: fixed authentication bug)