The “Food Safety Information” app, which provides mainly food safety information to the public, is created by the Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau (IACM) of Macao SAR. It aims to deliver the latest food safety news and information to the public more efficiently and rapidly, so as to enhance public awareness about food safety to reduce the risk of foodborne disease through promotion of food safety information.
The content includes:
1. Food Safety Highlights: latest food safety news and activities, etc. ;
2. Public & Trade Information: includes Food Alert, International News, Food Surveillance, Seasonal & Other Food safety fact sheets;
3. Market Price Information: market prices of vegetables and fresh food commonly found in local markets;
4. Common Food Ingredients: brief introduction to the vegetables and fresh food commonly found in local markets and tips for their purchase and handling;
5. Food Safety Recipes: homemade Asian & Western food recipes and related food safety tips;
6. Information sharing function;
7. Food Surveillance Report downloading function;
8. Push notification service.
IACM will continue to improve this program in order to provide more food safety information to the users.