- As seen on Channel 10's The Project & Channel 9's TODAY show
- As featured on SMH, The Australian, Herald Sun & iTWire
Packaged foods can be surprisingly high in salt, fat and sugar. Use FoodSwitch for healthy grocery shopping and make better food choices for you and your family.
FoodSwitch now comes with a new GlutenSwitch feature to help you find out whether a packaged food contains gluten or not, and it even helps you find healthier, gluten-free choices.
FoodSwitch also comes with a SaltSwitch feature to especially help people looking to lower their salt intake.
Take three simple steps to better health by reducing high levels of fat, salt and sugar in you and your family’s diet.
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods with your camera and see what’s in the food you’re eating.
2. Switch to similar foods that are healthier choices.
3. Share your healthier food choices with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or email.
"As parents, we all want our kids to eat well. However, up until now, it hasn’t been easy to get help in a simple way that lets you make informed food choices for your family. The best part of the FoodSwitch app is that it takes the guesswork out of shopping by arming Australians with options for healthier products to purchase."
- Nicole Livingstone, FoodSwitch ambassador, Olympian and mum
- Immediate, easy-to-understand nutritional information for more than 38,000 products in Australia
- Simple colour-coded ratings for 4 key food components (total fat, saturated fat, sugar and salt)
- Get a list of healthier choices for the food you scan
- Find out whether a packaged food product is gluten-free or not in GlutenSwitch mode
- Save your healthy favourites on personalised shopping lists
- Export your lists of healthier choices or share them with friends and family
FoodSwitch has been developed by as part of the Healthy Foods Initiative, a partnership between Bupa and The George Institute for Global Health designed to help Australians understand more about the nutritional value of the food we eat and empower people to make healthier choices. The database that powers FoodSwitch is the result of three years of research by food and health policy experts from The George Institute.
Download the app today and find out for yourself why key health organisations like FoodSwitch!
"The Heart Foundation is very supportive of tools that help consumers make healthier choices."
- Dr Lyn Roberts, CEO, Heart Foundation of Australia
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions, visit www.bupa.com.au/foodswitch.
© The George Institute for Global Health Dec 2011. FoodSwitch provides nutritional information and healthier alternatives based on a scientific algorithm developed by The George Institute for Global Health and licensed to Bupa Australia Pty Ltd. The information has been developed and reviewed by health professionals and to the best of their knowledge is current and based on reputable sources of evidence at the time of publishing. Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the data, no warranty of this accuracy is provided. All users, especially those with special dietary requirements or food sensitivities, should they assess the accuracy and relevance of this information for their personal circumstances. The information should be used as a guide only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice. The George Institute is not liable for any loss or damage you suffer arising out of the use of or reliance on the information, except that which cannot be excluded by law. We recommend that you consult your doctor or other qualified health professional if you have questions or concerns about your, or your family's health.
Added 20,000+ new products