A comprehensive dictionary, rich in synonyms, designed to cover more than your basic reference tool. Allowing the user to easily identify difficulty levels, geographical region or idiomatic usage, thousands of terms are broken down and detailed for clear results and stress-free navigation.
Important: WORKS OFFLINE, Internet Connection required ONLY for the download of voices, images and spell-check results (limited resources).
Conveniently sized and intuitive, the Free Lite Dictionary App appeals to the bilingual public, regardless of their level of expertise.
For those learning English or Spanish, the perfect freebie that can’t be overlooked. Especially not when we outperform our paid competition!
• Over 49,000 entries, 49,000 translations, 72,000 synonyms
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Words which are spelled identically in both languages are displayed twice in the List, marked with a flag at the side.
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Search History.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
- Translations, Synonyms and Pictures
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc. *
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default OFF.
- More than 9,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
Voices powered by iSpeech.
In version 3.1.6:
* Fixed problem that required the app to restart constantly. Thanks for reporting and for your patience!
* Minor bug fixes
* Now you can move the app to the SD Card to save device's internal memory.