– Use one of six different lists to navigate among the birds. For example, you can choose to sort the birds in an alphabetical or a traditional systematic order.
– Select to display the bird names in Danish, English, Finnish, German, Latin, Norwegian or Swedish. Some of the lists also show the names in an alternative selectable language.
– View the facts tab with basic bird data, photographs, descriptions, paintings and up to date systematics in the supported languages.
– Select to display Wikipedia pages in Danish, English, Finnish, German, Norwegian or Swedish.
– Download Wikipedia pages and make them available offline.
– Connect to Xeno-Canto and listen to streaming recordings directly from their great audio library.
– Easily navigate from one species to another by dragging (swiping) your finger horizontally across the screen.
This is the free version and it is limited to 75 of the most common species. The full version contains many more birds.
– improved descriptions
– updated according to IOC World Bird List 5.2
– updated for Android 5 (Lollipop)
– updated photographs
– updated with danish bird names according to "Artliste" from DOFbasen
– updated with swedish bird names according to "Svenska namn på världens fåglar, version 2" from BirdLife Sverige
– updated with swedish family names according to "Familjelistan, version 10" from BirdLife Sverige