FrostWire Basic is a re-imagined free BitTorrent Client designed with an everyday user in mind, but with download speeds fast enough to satisfy some of the most demanding torrenting pros.
What makes it so different? The built-in search!
With other BitTorrent clients like uTorrent or Fuld, you have to go outside of the app first and find the content to download yourself - whether it's music, a movie or an ebook - the process can get quite complicated and time consuming.
FrostWire does the heavy lifting for you - it searches multiple torrent indexes and presents the results right inside the app, separated by file type, ready for one--click download. It even let's you play most files BEFORE the download is complete, which is great for larger files like movies or entire music albums.
It even has a built-in music player and a media browser, so you can download, easily access and play your files in the same app.
PLEASE NOTE: The FrostWire Basic version CANNOT download from YouTube or SoundCloud any more in compliance with Google Play Developer guidelines. We had to take those options out of the app version from Google Play to remain listed in the App Store. All other FrostWire versions remain fully featured YouTube Downloaders & BitTorrent Clients in one.
FrostWire is an Open Source project - you can find all android and desktop versions & download them FREE from our website - http://www.frostwire.com.
- Built in torrent & cloud search (Archive.org)
- One-tap download
- Play while you download
- Full featured music player with gesture support
- Easily filter search results by file type: Music, Video, Images, Applications, Documents, Torrents.
- No artificial limitations on simultaneous downloads.
- No limitations on upload/download speeds.
- Wi-Fi only mode available, save money on your data plan.
- Extensive download management options.
- Built in media browser (rename and delete your files from within the app)
- Integration with FrostWire for Desktop (Windows, Mac & Linux Devices) - http://www.frostwire.com/downloads
- UPnP and NAT-PMP support
- Local Peer Discovery.
- Select Storage Location (Internal Storage or SD Card).
- Kindle HD Compatible.
- It's Open Source, join us at http://github.com/frostwire/frostwire-android
Your feedback is very important to us!
Please file a support request if you need any help, want to report a bug or just ask a question.
Google Play comments and one star ratings don’t give us the opportunity to help you and fix the issue!
If you get an ERROR while downloading from cloud sources or your BitTorrent downloads PAUSE, please use a stable Wi-Fi - mobile data connection is still not very reliable.
Email us for a fix if you are not getting enough search results or feel like the results are not tailored to what you are looking for.
You can also check our Knowledge Base http://bit.ly/1aAzcIw or get support from our online Community Forum http://forum.frostwire.com
We are very active on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FrostwireOfficial and Twitter https://twitter.com/frostwire Come and talk to us!
FrostWire 1.6.4 - SEPTEMBER/23/2015
- New http engine based on okhttp, uses pooled connections, less threads & memory.
- Fixes KAT search.
- Fixes BitSnoop search.
- NEW: Browse and manage your .torrent files.
- NEW: Browsing document files now reveals all saved .apk files.
- Multiple crash fixes on audio player.
- No more annoying yellow notification messages when removing tracks.
- UX: My files won't forget your search filter if you overscroll for a refresh.